Vacancy title: Finance Manager (Chief Financial Officer)[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Financial Services , Category: Accounting & Finance ]
Jobs at:Great North Credit
Deadline of this Job:
20 December 2022
Date Posted: Monday, December 19, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Great North Credit Limited (GNC) is an ambitious micro finance Institution (MFI) licensed by the Bank of Zambia (BOZ). GNC hereby invites applications from suitably qualified and professionally experienced candidates for the position of Finance Manager (Chief Financial Officer). The ideal candidates must have strong financial management and reporting skills, strong experience in planning, budgeting and cost control, all in the banking or microfinance sectors and must be ready to be vetted by Bank of Zambia. The successful candidate will be reporting to the Chief Executive Officer and will be based at Head Office in Lusaka.
Finance Manager is responsible for financial strategy, financial condition and positioning of GNC. He/She is accountable for the financial and risk management operations, including the development of financial and operational strategies, metrics tied to that strategy and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results.
Areas of Operation
• Asset/Liability Management
• Profitability, Cost analysis and cost control
• Budgeting and forecasting
• Strategic business and financial planning.
• Revenue and Capital expenditure management
• Risk Management operation and reporting in line with BOZ risk management guidelines and Basel II/III requirements.
• Designing and implementing an effective management information system (MIS)
• Tax strategy and operation
• Financial reporting and control
• Financial management support for all activities
• Internal/external financial reporting
Job Description and Responsibilities:
• To oversee asset and liability management for GNC.
• To review the institution’s financial condition, financial position and recommend viable alternatives for cost effective operation.
• To develop and expand financial strategy of GNC in order to develop and strengthen its financial capacity.
• To participate in the strategic planning process, to lead the budgeting and forecasting of GNC and to build a strong financial discipline and accountability foundation for budgeting and forecasting.
• To establish an effective financial system in GNC and to prepare all accounts and financial statements timely.
• To implement the policies and procedures relating to financial management, accounting and budget planning and to help improve the quality of GNC’s operations.
• To assist the company in the development of computerised financial, audit and management accounting systems.
• To ensure achievement of revenue targets on interest and other income, on and off-balance sheet through regular feedback reports to business units and ensure adherence to policies for control of assets and expenses.
• To plan, direct and coordinate the implementation of effective accounting and financial administration policies, procedures and reports to ensure meticulous compliance of bank’s financial policies for sound financial management and control of the bank.
• Tax management, – Corporate tax, Employee tax, VAT, etc.
• To prepare, present and interpret financial reports to the management, Board of Directors, shareholders and other stakeholders and to direct and supervise preparation of all fiscal reporting, such as cost accounting, budgets and regulatory reports.
• Maintain and administer internal control and compliance policy ensuring that all key risks are covered by appropriate policies and procedural manuals and that line management have an effective system in place to identify, monitor and measure risk.
• Implement risk management framework and risk based internal auditing in conjunction with Internal audit department.
• Understand and mitigate key elements of the company’s risk profile.
• Devise, and monitor, reliable control systems.
• Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and regulators.
• Report risk issues to the audit and risk committee of the board.
• Maintain relations with external auditors and investigate their findings and recommendations.
• Design and review the company’s risk management framework.
• To lead the Risk management function and report the risks to the CEO.
• Review the findings and recommendations made by the internal and external auditors.
Meet the requirements of the regulatory authorities regarding internal control, compliance and internal audit, provide suitable direction to the audit and risk teams on regulatory concerns.
Submit report to the CEO, Audit and risk committee/Board of Directors periodically with assurance that risk-based audit concept is being implemented effectively and that company assets and liabilities and other factors are free from risks to a greater extent.
• Develop performance measures that support the company’s strategic direction.
Participate in key decisions as a member of the executive management team.
Maintain in-depth relations with all members of the management team.
Manage the accounting, investor relations, tax and treasury issues.
Oversee the company’s transaction processing and reconciliation systems.
Implement operational best practices.
Oversee employee benefit plans, with particular emphasis on maximising a cost reflective benefit package.
Skills and Attributes
1. Bachelors Degree in Accounting, and;
2. A Professional accounting qualification such as ACCA, CIMA, ZICA etc.
3. Minimum 6 – 8 years of work experience in accounting and financial management.
4. Experience in a chartered accounting firm can be advantageous.
5. Strong commercial and business acumen.
6. Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
7. Process and deadline driven mindset with a keen eye for detail
8. Strong negotiation and relationship management skills.
9. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
10. Ability to perform data and statistical analysis to spot trends and anomalies
11. Advanced desk top computer skills including Excel and other financial software and tools for report and analysis.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 72
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should send their application letters, CVs and academic qualifications in one file to email@example.com not later than Tuesday 20th December 2022. Please, indicate your full names and position applied for in your email subject of application for easy identification to shortlist, e.g Job Application_Finance Manager_Bwalya Chanda.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.