Finance Manager (Courier and Transport Industry)
Jobs at:Brilliance Executive Management Consultancy
Deadline of this Job:
Thursday, April 27 2023
Date Posted:Thursday, April 27 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Finance Manager will be fully responsible for managing the finance department of the group. Prepare all supporting information for the annual audit and liaise with the Board’s Audit Committee and the external auditors as necessary. The Finance Manager will also develop and maintain financial accounting systems for cash management, accounts payable, accounts receivable, credit control, and petty cash.
Summary of Key Responsibilities;
• Document and maintain complete and accurate supporting information for all financial transactions
• Responsible for producing monthly management accounts showing spend against budget.
• Evaluate and advise on business operations including revenue and expenditure trends, financial commitments and future revenues
• Overseeing the submission of all respective Taxes
• Be responsible for producing quarterly finance reports for CEO’s reports.
• Take the leading completing year-end accounts and liaising with the Senior Accountant regarding audits.
• Collect and analyze financial information to recommend or develop efficient use of resources and procedures, provide strategic recommendations and maintain solutions to business and financial problems
• With consultation from procurement maintain office supplies by supplying stationery requirements (etc to responsible members of staff)
• Conduct a weekly review of timesheets and accountability diaries against expense claims. Move approved accountability diaries to a separate location on the shared folder to signify approval; review and rectify anomalies with individuals concerned
• Compile and analyze financial information to prepare financial statements including monthly and annual accounts
• Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with accepted policies and procedures
• Prepare and present financial and management reports
• Develop and maintain financial databases
• Prepare for financial audit and coordinate the audit process
• Oversee accurate and appropriate recording and analysis of revenues and expenses
• Ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulations and integrity of financial data
• Other duties identified by the CEO and Board
Required Attributes and Competencies
• Accurate numeracy skills
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Process-driven, organised and efficient
• Ability to communicate orally and in writing with people from a wide variety of backgrounds
• Reliability and Trust Worthy
• Excellent Leadership Skills
• Ability to work independently and use your initiative
• Ability to work alone and as part of a team
Primary Areas of Accountability:
Qualifications and Experience
• Full ACCA, CIMA or CA Zambia
• Degree in Finance/Accountancy will be a plus
• Must have at least a Minimum of 6-8 Years’ Experience in a higher position in finance/accounting in the Service Sector
• Working experience with a Courier and Transport Company in the same capacity as Finance Manager/ Head of Finance or Chief Accountant will be an added advantage
• Must be conversant with most accounting packages
• Must have proven experience of 3-4 years preparing and presenting management and Financial reports/accounts
• Must be well vested with the Zambian Taxation System
• Must be a member of ZICA with a Valid Practising Certificate
Qualified Women Are Encouraged To Apply For The Above Position
Job Experience:No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
If you meet the hiring requirements for the position, please email your CV in Ms Word and Cover Letter clearly stating your salary expectations to: email@example.com & copy in firstname.lastname@example.org
that, all communications will be kept in the strictest of confidence.
If you do not receive communication within 30 working days of the closing date
of the advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.
DO NOT SEND CERTIFICATES AT THIS STAGE
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.