Vacancy title: Finance Manager (Re-advertised)[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Health Care , Category: Accounting & Finance ]
Jobs at: Jhpiego
Deadline of this Job:
02 August 2022
Date Posted: Sunday, July 24, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Jhpiego, an affiliate of Johns Hopkins University, builds global and local partnerships to enhance the quality of healthcare Jhpiego, an affiliate of Johns Hopkins University, builds global and local partnerships to enhance the quality of healthcare services for women and families around the world. Jhpiego is a global leader in the creation of innovative and effective approaches to developing human resources for health.
The Finance Manager is responsible for providing financial management for Jhpiego’s Country Office in Zambia. S/he is responsible for meeting the day-to-day financial needs of Jhpiego’s Country office in Zambia to maintain daily operations in an efficient and effective manner. S/he manages, with concurrence of Director Finance & Administration, the financial communications with the Jhpiego Baltimore office and other partners; and liaises with other administrative staff, among USAID, CDC, DOD and other partner organizations, to ensure the maintenance of consistency of policies and procedures. The Finance Manager will also provide support to local consultants and sub grantees in the areas of financial management.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Under the guidance of Director Finance & Administration, oversee and direct the financial operations of the Zambia Country office, including tasks such as financial reporting, review cheques and payment vouchers, and provide financial support for the distribution of funds for workshops or activities.
• Train, mentor and supervise Finance Assistants, Officer(s) and Senior Financer in various finance functions like budgeting, payroll, QuickBooks, preparing reports, monitoring expenditure, etc., in an aim to build competencies in these areas to ensure optimal performance of the unit.
• Oversee the preparation of monthly financial reports, such as the QuickBooks expenditure report (P&L), monthly accruals and projections report, foreign currency movement report, bank reconciliations, etc., for review and approval by the Director Finance & Administration and the Country Director.
• Ensure that project expenditures that are billed in the QuickBooks are consistent with approved budgets, or have the necessary approvals to be billed.
• Manage the monitoring of liabilities, prepayments and advance balances and ensure that they are tracked and constantly updated. Work with Director Finance & Administration for dealing with any delinquents.
• Will be required to provide financial management technical support to other programmatic aspects as necessary.
• Work with Director Finance & Administration to ensure cost and quality control of all financial tasks and assignments are undertaken to achieve country office programmatic goals.
• Prepare for country office audits and ensure provision of required financial documents during the audit process
• Maintain close and ongoing communication with country office’s banking institutions to ensure accounts are regularly monitored and balances verified.
• Participate in training programs to ensure proper integration of country office financial management practices with organization wide policies and procedures.
• Ensure compliance with all government tax regimes and requirements, as well as other legal and statutory mandates through ensuring timely submission of payments and returns.
• Examines financial documents such as payroll, vouchers, invoices, delivery notes, purchase orders and other documents to ensure the completeness, accuracy, and validity of financial data as per Table of Authority.
• In collaboration with DFA, monitor disbursement of funds from the project bank account(s) to ensure compliance with Jhpiego’s financial policies and procedures as outlined in the Jhpiego Finance and Accounting policies manual for country offices, Banking Policy, QuickBooks Manual, Procurement Manual, and any other policies.
• Provide supervision, guidance and mentorship of staff and ensure team spirit within the finance unit. Also work with other departments such as Procurement, Administration, Human Resource and Programs, to ensure optimum support and linkages.
• Oversee the administration of the country office inventory system to adequately account for Jhpiego’s office equipment, vehicles, furniture etc.
• Any other duties assigned by supervisor (or Project Directors).
As a member of the country Finance and Administration team, will also be called upon to perform the following administrative tasks:
• Participate in country Senior Management and Finance and Administration meetings
• Participate in the identification, selection, recruitment, training and orientation of new personnel.
• Evaluate employee performance for all staff members directly supervised.
• Manage and supervise the areas of training, supervision, mentoring and development of Finance Unit staff.
• Accountancy training qualification full CIMA or ACCA, or B.Acc.)
• Understanding and experience of USG (USAID, CDC or DOD) and/or PEPFAR financial rules and regulations.
• Minimum of seven (7) years of post-qualification experience in financial management with at least 3 years in a senior position in a reputable NGO or development agency. Experience in accounting for projects funded by international donors (knowledge of USAID regulations preferred);
• Extensive contract and grant/cooperative agreement administration experience. Strong computer skills including Quick Books, Excel, Word, and Word Perfect applications;
• Demonstrated strong leadership and supervisory skills;
• Able to handle a variety of assignments sometimes under pressure of deadlines;
• Willing to work on a wide range of tasks.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 84
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Please send your application letter and curriculum vitae only in a single document to the Human Resources Director: Zambiajobs@jhpiego.org
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
The closing date is Tuesday August 2, 2022
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.