Deadline of this Job:
09 June 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, June 02, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The purpose of the Finance Manager role is to provide leadership and support to the project team, managing treasury and funding, foreign exchange, financial reporting and rolling forecasts. The position includes key financial responsibilities including transaction processing, budgeting, income and expenditure monitoring, balance sheet account control, management reporting processes, supplier and business engagement, delegation of duties and monitoring and supporting the deliveries of the program finance teams.
The position is contingent upon funding.
• Oversee and manage the completeness and accuracy of the accounting records of the project and therefore BroadReach.
• Oversee the ledger reconciliations, including debtors, creditors and bank
• Manage and control assets, including fixed assets and debtors
• Monitor program cash balances and/or overdraft positions on a regular basis and provide reports to the Principle Investigator and Senior Management team
• Prepare cash flow forecasts versus actual performance monthly providing updates to the CoP
• Providing leadership in the development of annual costed work plans and budgets, guide and oversee the alignment of the budget to expected results, review annual budgets and quarterly financial reports in accordance with predetermined deadlines and budgeting parameters
• Prepare and circulate accurate financial reporting on a monthly basis in accordance with predetermined deadlines
• Review of management accounts for reasonableness and accuracy and provide non-financial management with a comprehensive variance analysis including a review of current results to prior month data, and actuals to budget; including insights and commentary
• Provide ad-hoc reporting and analysis as required to support decision making for the program.
• Assist in the preparation of year-end audit files and liaising with auditors and HQ Finance to ensure that audited Fund Accountability Statements are completed within predetermined deadlines and applicable standards or guidelines.
• Ensure that proper internal control procedures and checks are in place for the Program to maintain the integrity of the accounting records, and to minimize risk of errors and omissions, and misappropriation of company assets.
• Ensure compliance with US government rules and regulations, local country laws as well as BroadReach policies and procedures.
• Drive efficiency measures and streamline processes.
• Develop/implement corporate governance good practice in all financial procedures.
• Be responsible for ensuring that VAT reconciliations and returns, periodic and annual, are prepared for the Program in accordance with internal control and regulatory requirements.
• Develop and implement sound procurement systems, processes and policies.
• Lead, manage, mentor and develop key team members and ensure that an effective succession plan is operational within the finance teams.
• Accounting degree
• Member of good standing with major accounting bodies such as ZICA, CIMA, ACCA, etc
• Desirable qualifications
• Chartered accountant qualification coupled with a master’s degree in a relevant field, such as finance, accounting, or business/public Administration
Experience & Skills
• Minimum 7 – 10 years’ management experience, with 5 years in a similar role within a medium to large program (annual revenue of $25m or more) within a matrixed organization
• USAID and other donor experience non-negotiable.
• Experience in multi-currency, multi-company, and multi-jurisdictional accounting.
• Management experience in all aspects of budgeting, forecasting, and maintaining other planning and control procedures
• Up-to date working knowledge of international financial reporting standards and experience in preparation of accounts in accordance with those standards
• Oversight of monthly financial reports, ensuring timely and accurate compliance with internal and external deadlines
• Experience developing and interpreting statistical and accounting information, and analyzing and reporting variances
• Experience presenting financial information to a non-financial audience
• Excellent computer skills and Financial management software packages
• Personal Qualities & Behavioural Competencies
• Committed to high standards and continuous improvement
• Good influencing and interpersonal skills with people at all levels
• Confident and comfortable to challenge senior stakeholder thinking
• Ability to operate in a high-pressure environment with conflicting priorities and tight timelines
• Ability to speak and present proposals with conviction
• Resourceful, creative and innovative approach to work
• Collaborative nature of working across different teams
• Ability to effectively prioritize and plan work
• Good negotiation skills with the ability to navigate and relate at all levels
• Be solution focused
• Ability to build rapport and credibility with stakeholders
• Winning, Enabling and Delivery of Projects
• Opportunity Development, Capture Management, Proposal Development, Organized, Disciplined, Analytical
• People Leadership/Self Leadership
• Selections, Development, Delegation, Example, Self-Confidence, Independently responsible, Curiosity, Change Management
• Strategic and Holistic Decision Making
• Governance and legal awareness, Financial acumen, Risk management, Strategic perspective
• Relationship Management
• Institutional Representations, Taking the long view, Building common ground, Mutual respect, Responsiveness, Standing for the other, Engagement
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 84
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.