Vacancy title: Finance Manager[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Professional Services , Category: Accounting & Finance ]
Jobs at:Chemonics International
Deadline of this Job:
07 December 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, December 01, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Chemonics seeks a finance manager for the USAID Zambia Program for Advancing Supply Chain Outcomes (PASCO) Activity. The project is a commodity distribution program that aims to create sustainable access to safe, effective, quality-assured, affordable lifesaving health commodities by strengthening capacity for transportation and distribution systems in consultation with the Zambia Medicines and Medical Supplies Agency (ZAMMSA). The finance manager will be responsible for the overall financial management of the PASCO activity. We are seeking individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
• Overall financial management of PASCO, ensuring strict adherence to Chemonics policies and procedures and USAID rules and regulations.
• Supervise accounting cycle to include preparation and appropriate documentation of journal entries, payment requests, and general ledger reconciliations.
• Ensure that incurred costs are allowable, allocable, and reasonable in accordance with USAID cost principles and Chemonics policies and procedures.
• Prepare accounting and supporting documents and transactions to ensure accuracy, completeness, and compliance with Chemonics policies and procedures and USAID regulations.
• Conduct accurate, complete, and timely financial reporting using ABACUS software, including monthly accrual/projection spreadsheets, and ensure timely submission to Chemonics’ Washington office. Prepare and/or review ad hoc analysis and reporting as needed.
• Monitor preparation and perform analysis of financial reports relative to budget and monthly forecasting.
• Oversee monthly wire transfer requests for submission to the Chemonics Washington office and manage local bank accounts to ensure sufficient availability of funds for project needs.
• Ensure internal financial control systems are in place. Ensure proper safeguards of funds and compliance with established USAID and Chemonics financial and accounting procedures.
• Review and ensure proper authorization and approval and timely processing of payment/reimbursement requests for employees/suppliers/vendors.
• Plan, perform and supervise internal audits of accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, fixed assets, and petty cash.
• Review and approve bank reconciliations and the reconciliation of petty cash and fund report at time of replenishment.
• Review submission of all tax withholdings (payroll income tax, deduction at source) to relevant parties.
• Conduct payroll and ensure allocation of payroll costs to appropriate general ledger accounts.
• Work closely with internal and external auditors during field program audits.
• Serve as a resource person for technical and finance staff on Chemonics and USAID policies, procedures, and regulations.
• Serve as the main point of contact for the project management unit (PMU) in Washington for all matters related to project finance.
• Interact with bank and other officials on an as-needed basis.
• Perform other duties as required or assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in related field required
• Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants (ZICA), Association of Certified Chartered Accountants (ACCA), Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) or equivalent professional qualifications
• Member of ZICA
• Minimum of 8 years’ experience; USAID experience desirable
• Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
• Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
• Fluency in spoken and written English required
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 96
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply please send a resume and expression of interest to ZambiaPASCORecruit@chemonics.com with a subject line of “PASCO Finance Manager” by December 7, 2022. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.