Jobs at:John Snow Health Zambia Limited (JSH)
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, September 08 2023
Date Posted: Wednesday, September 06 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
John Snow Health Zambia Limited (JSH), is a public health company that offers a full range of services, implementing public health interventions to improve individuals and communities’ health in Zambia and the region. As a Company JSH is committed to working with governments, non-governmental entities, the private sector, civil society, and communities to improve the provision of public health services.
JSH is implementing the USAID Controlling HIV Epidemic for Key and Underserved Populations
(CHEKUPII) Activity which was awarded on September 13, 2022, with implementation through September 6, 2027. The Activity aims to support the Ministry of Health in mitigating against and attaining HIV epidemic control by increasing equitable access to, and use of person-centered, community-driven, and high-quality HIV prevention services for key and underserved (priority) populations. USAID CHEKUP II Activity operates in seven districts with the highest HIV-burden in Zambia. USAID CHEKUP II Activity seeks dynamic and highly experienced candidates to fill the following vacant positions.
12. POSITION NUMBER TWELVE
Job Title: Finance Manager
Department/Unit: Finance & Administration
Location: Lusaka (1 Position)
Reports to: Director of Finance & Operations
3. Roles Purpose:
The Finance Manager will manage project finances and ensure compliance to financial regulations, and adherence to policies and procedures. He/she will work closely with the finance team (including Accountants) in the Lusaka office, as well as provide financial oversight and support to regional offices in Northern, Muchinga and Central Provinces.
4. Tasks and Responsibilities:
● Manage the implementation of the USAID-approved economic strengthening activities
● Support DREAMS Mentors and ensure that they are implementing the economic strengthening activities within specific sites
● Coordinate the facilitation of financial literacy, saving groups, vocational training, bridge to employment, and digital literacy interventions.
● Provide support to up to five DREAMS Mentors who will be running Safe Spaces within specific sites
● Support DREAMS Mentors and ensure that they are running quality Safe Spaces and meeting the needs of the AGYW
● Submit weekly, monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual progress reports related to economic strengthening interventions
● Participate in the documentation of best practices and lessons learned to share with relevant stakeholders (public and private sector partners).
● Adhere to JSH personnel, financial, operations and fraud management policies.
● Participate in any other tasks as requested by the supervisor and/or CHEKUP II management
3. Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Behaviors:
● Minimum Bachelor’s in finance, accounting, business, economics or related field with a minimum of 6 years’ direct work experience in financial, grants or contracts management in Zambia with senior-level responsibility for project administration and finance.
● Full ACCA or CIMA Qualification or Equivalent.
● Experience with USG, USAID, and/or PEPFAR funding rules and regulations.
● Excellent verbal and written English.
● Proven record of systems strengthening and internal controls.
● Ability to take initiative and lead teams. Supervisory, coaching and management experience required.
● Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel required.
● Ability to use MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 72
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.