Vacancy title: Finance Manager[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Human Services , Category: Finance, Insurance & Real Estate ]
Jobs at:Mpulungu Harbour Corporation Limited
Deadline of this Job:
28 October 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, October 19, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Finance Manager/Board Secretary will be accountable for ensuring that the finance function operates to the highest standards. In addition, he/she will perform functions of a company Secretary.
Specifically, the Job duties include but not limited to:
1. Finance Functions:
• Producing financial reports related to budgets, account payables, account receivables, expenses etc.
• Reviewing, monitoring, and managing budget.
• Developing strategies that work to minimize financial risk.
• Developing cash flow statements and managing credit.
• Predicting future financial trends and directing investments.
• Reporting to Management and Stakeholders and providing advice how the company and future business decisions might be impacted by the Company’s Financial Performance.
• Developing long-term business plans based on these reports.
2. Board Functions
The Finance Manager/Board Secretary will also be expected to perform the following Board functions:
• Organize and record the activities of the Board and Committee meetings.
• Ensure that MHCL complies with its governing legislation.
• Keep and maintain all MHCL’s corporate and historical records.
• Promote strong Corporate Governance practices.
• Advise and assist individual Board Members with respect to their duties and responsibilities.
• Facilitate the orientation and on-going training of Board Members.
• Administer MHCL’s Code of conduct and Ethics.
The preferred candidate must possess the following:
3.1 Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related discipline with a professional qualification
• Valid membership with the ZICA
• 5 years’ experience in organisations of similar standing as MHCL
• Previous experience as a Board secretary will be an added advantage
3.2 Key Skills and Knowledge
• Good analytical and conceptual skills to plan and monitor budgets against actuals and implementation of internal control frameworks
• Budgeting and currency management experience
• Able to prepare financial statements and management accounts with minimum supervision
• Good understanding of cash flow management
• Good computer skills, including familiarity with Financial Software packages (particularly SAGE pastel, Pastel Evolution), Microsoft Word and Excel
• Strong team leader with experience of leading, engaging and motivating a dynamic team
• A practical, solution oriented pragmatic person able to exercise initiative and sound judgement.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Only applicants meeting the above selection criteria need apply. Applications with details on how you meet the above criteria with copies of relevant certificates and recent resume and reliable contact telephone/mobile number should be addressed and sent or delivered, not later than 28thOctober 2022, to
Mpulungu Harbour Corporation Limited
P.O. Box 420138
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.