Vacancy title: Finance Manager[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Professional Services , Category: Accounting & Finance ]
Deadline of this Job:
Wednesday, May 31 2023
Date Posted: Friday, May 19 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Pact is an international nonprofit that works in nearly 40 countries building solutions for human development that are evidence-based, data-driven and owned by the communities we serve. Founded in 1971, Pact works with partners to build resilience, improve accountability, and strengthen knowledge and skills for sustainable social impact.
Programs - Pact strives for a world where all people are heard, capable, and vibrant. The Programs Team helps realize this objective by bridging program management, technical support, and business development, enabling Pact to achieve its global strategy. We ensure program excellence through continuous learning, monitoring and evaluation and provide organizational and industry-wide thought leadership by leveraging a complementary set of cross-functional, multi-disciplinary skills, expertise, and experiences. The Programs team: influences progressive change through the development and implementation of global and regional strategies and business plans; supports advancement of innovative solutions; pursues new business opportunities; and drives effective internal and external engagement to maximize Pact’s impact across the globe. Across all aspects of its role, the Programs Department adheres to and promotes a culture of inclusion, accountability, and respect.
Pact seeks a highly qualified Finance Manager to work on the recently awarded, five-year USAID/Zambia Integrated Health Activity (ZIH) contract. ZIH is a five-year project that will be led by Pact in partnership with the Centre for Infectious Disease Research in Zambia, Circle of Hope, mothers2mothers, Copper Rose Zambia, Zambia Network of Young People Living with HIV, and Viamo. Zambia Integrated Health will improve health outcomes of Zambians through equitable access to high-quality health services in the areas of client-centered HIV, HIV/TB, MNCH, Family Planning and Reproductive Health. It will reduce mortality, morbidity, and HIV transmission for sub-populations in Northwestern, Copperbelt, and Central Provinces. Pact will work closely with the Government of the Republic of Zambia to attain the country’s goal of reaching HIV epidemic control (95-95-95) by 2030.
The Finance Manager is directly responsible to and supervised by the ZIH Director, Financial Management and Operations. The Finance Manager is responsible for carrying out the financial management and accounting of ZIH project in Zambia, as well as overseeing compliance, managing project budgets, and directly supporting the programs team with all activities requiring operations. The Finance Manager is responsible for all internal controls and for ensuring compliance with all Pact policy and procedures, donor regulations, and relevant US and Zambian laws.
This is a Zambia based local Position and open to Zambian nationals only.
Financial Management and Accounting
• Design and/or update and implement systems and procedures following Pact and US Government standards to ensure operational effectiveness and internal control.
• Make timely payments to suppliers (electronic payments) and check accuracy of the transactions.
• Manage cash through in-country bank account(s) including monitoring the cash levels in the bank accounts and requesting funds on a monthly or as need basis from Pact DC.
• Maintain accurate cashbooks, bank reconciliation and transactions recorded in journals entries and in Serenic financial system.
• Compile a monthly financial report for approval by the ZIH Chief of Party and submit to Pact DC.
• Reconcile local financial records with specified financial reports provided by ZIH Project and submit findings on discrepancies.
• Liaise with the ZIH Project Director of Finance and Operations and the Finance team based at Pact DC to ensure that financial reports are in compliance with Pact policies and desired standards.
• Review monthly Project Status Reports (PSRs) received from headquarters and provide the Director of Finance and Operations and the Chief of Party office with up-to date financial status information and pipeline projections to ensure that project spending is in line with the budget and work plan and trigger actions for additional funding requirements.
• Prepare and maintain accurate and clean Balance sheet.
• Ensure that the ZIH Project compiles accurate and complete VAT reimbursement submissions.
• Ensure that all financial procedures, files, accounting practices and procurement of goods and services are in compliance with Pact, Government of Zambia, and US Government regulations.
• Ensure compliance with Zambia laws for payment of statutory employee benefits, registration fees, tax submissions, etc. and keep abreast with changes in the Labor / related Acts for the same purpose.
• Update the inventory register with all required financial data and ensure that an inventory of assets is recorded with this data.
• As needed, assist grantees to meet special award conditions and conduct on-going reviews of grantees financial systems to identify and address issues relating to (non-) compliance.
• Interact with grantees in ensuring compliance with Pact’s financial regulations.
• Oversee proper and routine filing of financial documents, electronically and paper copies.
Sub contract Management, Monitoring and Capacity Building
• In coordination with the Grants and Contracts and Program teams in country and in Pact DC, manage the all financial aspects of the grants cycle.
• Review monthly financial reports, supporting documents and cash advance requests by selected grantees and approve requests reviewed by project team.
• As requested by the project team, assist in reviewing and compiling budgets for sub agreements or obligations.
• Oversee grantee financial close outs by reviewing financial books and reports, checking compliance with own policies, and calculating and booking final exchange gain/loss on awards.
• Review all procurement documentation according to available budget to support project implementation.
• Execute Pact’s procurement policies and procedures and ensure sufficient competition for efficient use of project funds and strong internal controls.
• Maintain fixed asset inventory of ZIH Project as per Pact fixed asset policy and USG rules and regulation
• Oversee the preparation of payroll, pay slips and all personnel reports on a monthly basis and present these to the Chief of Party for final approval.
• Ensure compliance with a Pact Zambia HR policy in compliance with local labor law.
• Liaise with counterparts at partner organizations to ensure effective and efficient collaboration on all matters related to operations, human resources, administration and logistics, including when space and resources are shared.
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or related field.
• 6 years of relevant experience in finance, accounting, operations.
• Sound knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Practices (GAAP).
• Strong written and verbal English communication skills.
• Ability to work independently and produce timely and high-quality results.
• Cooperates and work well with others in the pursuit of team goals; shares information and supports others.
• Able to establish and maintain relationships with people at all levels; puts others at ease; promotes harmony and consensus through diplomatic handling of disagreements and potential conflict.
• Maintains high ethical standards both professionally and personally; shows integrity and fairness in dealings with others; is reliable and trustworthy.
• Produces written communications which are clear, fluent, concise and readily understood by the intended recipient(s).
• Knowledge of US government rules and regulations; experience managing finances and compliance for USAID and other donor programs
• Experience and/or training in office management, administration, logistics, and procurement.
• Experience and/or training in human resource management, Zambian labor law and payroll and benefits management.
• Direct experience with accounting software systems; knowledge of Serenic Navigator accounting software desirable.
• Experience working with international NGOs and social development projects.
Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, citizenship status, genetic information, matriculation, family responsibilities, personal appearance, credit information, tobacco use (except in the workplace), membership in an employee organization, or other protected classifications or non-merit factors.
At Pact, we recognize your impact, offer you opportunities and support your total well-being. Our comprehensive benefit offerings may include healthcare, retirement (8.8% to 13% based on service tenure) and savings plans, paid time off, disability and life insurance programs, learning and development opportunities, wellness programs as well as other optional benefit elections .
With the continuing impacts of COVID-19 around the world, we are taking action to protect the health and well-being of our colleagues and maintain the safety of the communities where we operate. Pact seeks an environment free from COVID-19 and prefers all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Attestation of vaccination status will be required for employment with Pact. Unvaccinated employees may be subject to additional health and safety requirements to include any federal, state and/or client restrictions.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 72
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Click here to apply now
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.