Jobs at:Precision Recruitment
Deadline of this Job:
Thursday, November 09 2023
Date Posted: Thursday, October 26 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• To be in charge of all accounting functions of the company and upkeep of accounting books and records of all companies of the Group operating in Zambia, which should be kept continuously updated and to be responsible for all aspects of financial reporting of Zambia operations (“Group”).
• Assisting the Directors in improving the business processes, internal controls and assisting in designing and implementing new systems.
• Assisting the Directors and providing appropriate and necessary support to the Operations department in managing and developing the businesses of the Group.
• Managing sales and banking on a daily basis and providing report thereon to the management.
• Reconciling of premium collection together with Assurance department and submission of the same to the underwriter within five working days from the end of each month,
• Submission of claims on a monthly basis to the underwriter within five working days from the end of each month,
• Managing day-to-day treasury functions and receivables and payables on a regular basis. Ensuring payments to suppliers are made after due reconciliation of account in a timely manner.
• Preparing draft accounts to the satisfaction of the auditors and submitting them within fourteen days from the end of the financial year.
• Preparation of monthly management reports and submitting them to the Board of Directors within ten working days from the end of each month or as directed by them.
• Preparing quarterly financials of Group (consolidated and individual of all companies in the Group) and submission to the Board of Directors within ten days from the end of each quarter.
• Conduct of physical stock-takes on a monthly basis and submitting reports thereon to the management.
• Preparation and submission of vat returns on a monthly basis.
• Preparing and submission of withholding tax returns and payment thereof on a monthly basis, as required by legislation.
• Preparing, checking and confirm payroll on a monthly basis.
• Managing direct taxation work of the Group in liaison with the Group’s tax advisors.
• Developing training programs for your understudy and ensuring the understudy is sufficiently trained under the Group’s succession plan. Conducting quarterly performance appraisals of all staff within Finance department and providing reports thereon to the HR department of the Group.
• Such other tasks as may be delegated to you by the Directors from time to time.
• Note: These are indicative and may vary and evolve according to the company’s operating circumstances and as and when new systems are introduced or the business evolves.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months:
Level of Education:
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.