Jobs at:SPENN Technology
Deadline of this Job:
Thursday, August 17 2023
Date Posted: Thursday, August 03 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• As Finance Manager you will take overall responsibility for effective and efficient financial management and delivery of the SPENN programs and will work closely with senior management to develop and implement strategies and plans to achieve the Company’s overall vision and financial goals.
• The Finance Manager must be tech-savvy and result-oriented reporting to the Country Managing Director & Group CFO with extensive experience working in the financial control function of a fintech, financial services or payments company. The Finance Manager will take a leading role in the Zambian finance department and will be responsible for building all aspects of a world-class financial reporting and control function in the SPENN Zambia entity. We need someone with vision and ideas who will tackle any problem as well as the ability to roll up your sleeves and get involved.
Duties And Responsibilities
Daily duties and responsibilities that are naturally associated with the position include, but are not limited to:
• Month end management processes
• Reconciliations and associated procedures
• VAT/WHT reconciliations
• Wallet reconciliations
• Asset reconciliations
• Audit point of contact and management
• In-country cash and liquidity management
• Ad hoc queries
• Bank and financial query management
• Staff development and management
• Other items as requested
• Commercially astute to direct financial resources
The immediate goals are:
• Weekly and monthly reporting / kpis
• Monthly management accounts
• Liquidity report and management
• Basic modelling
Qualifications And Skills
In all areas of responsibility, we ask you to apply personal ethics, honesty, initiative, flexibility, responsibility and confidentiality. Possess an enthusiastic, energetic, self-motivated, and detail-oriented approach towards work and all work projects.
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics or business-related discipline
• Professional accounting qualification like ACCA, CIMA,CA ZAMBIA, will be an added advantage
• At least 3,5 Years’ work experience in similar financial roles. Experience in financial payment systems will be an added advantage.
• Strong knowledge of financial reporting.
• Previous experience with taxation, budgeting & forecasting & managing multiple funding sources.
• Experience with QuickBooks or other financial management software tools.
• Comfortable interacting with all levels of management in multiple areas.
• Ability to operate in a performance driven organization with a high sense of business awareness.
• Highly analytical with ability to review data and make relevant management decisions while paying attention to detail.
• Ability to work well on own initiative as well as part of a growing team with minimum supervision.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to set high personal standards and goals.
• Excellent communications skills, both orally and in writing
• Highly organized and proactive self-starter with proven problem-solving ability
• Flexible and adaptable attitude with a “can do” approach.
• Critical thinker and ability to see “outside the box” with proven ability to multitask and meet deadlines
• Familiarized with payment regulations by Bank of Zambia
• Fluent in English, both written and verbal
Salary And Benefits
Private medical insurance
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.