Jobs at:St. Ignatius College
Deadline of this Job:
10 February 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, February 02, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
St Ignatius College a Jesuit owned institution seeks to recruit qualified and experienced Zambian national to fill the following vacant position:
Purpose Of The Job
Administer the Colleges s accounting systems and internal controls to ensure an effective financial administration and management, accurate and timely financial reporting and the safeguarding of the Colleges financial resources.
This is a senior management position reporting to the College Principal.
1. Plans and implements the Colleges financial management policies and practices that enable the College to better plan and manage its financial resources in conformance with international accounting standards.
2. Develops and maintains a financial management information system that meets the College’s requirements for accountability, control and decision making
3. Prepares and implements approved prudent investment plans that will enable the College to improve
Its financial reserves.
4. Consolidates the College’s budget and provides effective support for budgetary control and
5. Develops income and expenditure forecasts and plans to ensure that resources are readily available for the College’s operations.
6. Prepares management accounts and undertakes to interpret them for the Board to support internal
7. Develops an asset management strategy.
8. Facilitates both the Internal and External Audits.
9. Provide professional advice to the Board on finance matters
Qualifications And Experience
1. Full Grade Twelve (12) Certificate or its equivalent.
2. Degree in Accountancy or equivalent plus full Association of Chartered Certified Accountant ( ACCA)
3. Masters of Business Administration or Equivalent will be an added advantage
4. Must be a member of the Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants (ZICA) and in possession of a valid practicing licence.
5. Eight years relevant post qualification experience, three (3) of which must be at senior management level.
6. Experience in Educational institutions will be an added advantage
7. Knowledge of international Financial Reporting standards ( IFRS)
8. Knowledge of global trends in accounting and finance practices.
Personal Attributes For The Position
1. Honest and reliable with moral strength
2. Innovative and proactive
3. High degree of attention to detail
4. High degree of integrity
5. Tact and diplomacy
6. Ability to work with minimum supervision.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 96
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should send their Applications to the undersigned and please note that applicants for positions at St Ignatius College are expected to support the school’s mission and contribute to what St Ignatius a catholic school strives to accomplish as a Jesuit institution.
Please apply by submitting full detailed professional and academic qualifications, including a three paged comprehensive CV to:
The Human Resource Officer
St. Ignatius College
P.O. Box 34114
Email: Submission can either be sent by email to: Saulo.Mpelo@stignatiuscollege.edu.zm or firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications: February 10, 2022
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.