Jobs at:Tongabezi Green Safaris
Deadline of this Job:
18 May 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, May 10, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Green Safaris is a group of like-minded people who together provide access to some of the most remote and incredible places on earth. We are guided by our green ethos, which drives us to discover new ways of doing things that have less impact on the environment and enhance our guests’ experience.
Reports to: General Manager and Group Financial Controller.
• To hold final responsibility for the local statutory, tax, and regulatory compliance along with side accuracy of our financial information and implementation of our control systems.
• To run the daily bookkeeping and accounting practice for our two legal entities based in Livingstone, this includes line management in the finance function for the team of three.
• To provide leadership in the region through the monthly closing process that includes local management accounts intercompany reconciliation and variance analysis along with reporting the drivers that have impacted these monthly results in addition leadership and preparation of interim and final audit disclosure is required.
• Every month the individual will provide regular and ad hoc financial reporting to all areas of the business ensuring the deadlines are met both internal and external and output is of consistently excellent quality, this will also incorporate ad hoc investigation and analysis inquiry to trends observed.
• On a biannual basis, the group runs a budget and rolling forest exercise in the close process in a close relationship with the executive committee and senior finance colleagues the individual would provide leadership in the process to ensure data-driven and robust approaches taken reflecting the goals of the business.
• Management of the finance team has to ensure accurate and timely maintenance of accounting records.
• Ensure Working Capital Management drives quality and accuracy in accounts receivable and payable, the timely collection of balances, the accuracy of accounts payable, and ensuring the Capital Management allows the group to meet cash targets.
• Ensure robust application of controls and adherence to limits of authority and other financial policies and procedures.
• Ensures the timely and accurate processing and review of all payroll transactions, assuring compliance with established employment agreements and modifications.
• Support regional business and group finance on a variety of topics.
• Ensure the smooth operation of the inventory of the business, including inventory purchasing and accurate recognition of the cost of goods sold via the P&L.
• Preparation and or supervision of the monthly cash forecast, monitoring the cash outlook, and accurately forecasting future cash movements.
• Provision of risk and opportunities, reporting and tracking of performance versus plans to ensure group finance are aware of significant drivers affecting financial performance.
• Minimize risk through the maintenance of detailed balance sheet reconciliation to ensure all company assets and liabilities are correctly and fairly stated.
• Develop and implement improvements to internal processes ensuring control, integrity, and efficiency of accounting records.
• To have oversight of all local regional compliance documents such as VAT, tax filings, and other financial matters.
• Ensure absolute reconciliation and balancing of intercompany finances with group partners taking steps required to balance intercompany financials and maintain accurate records of transactions.
• Grade 12 certificate with five (5) ‘O’ Levels including English and mathematics.
• ACCA, ZICA, CIMA, CPA, bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent.
• Must be a registered member of ZICA.
• A minimum of 5 years of relevant accounting experience in a senior role that involves managing the finance of employees.
• Strong knowledge of Financial ERP systems and experience in Xero and Sage will be an added advantage.
• Working knowledge of statutory accounts such as PAYE, VAT, WHT, NAPSA, and NHIMA.
• Demonstrable track record of financial control in a multinational or consolidated corporate environment.
• Ability to develop and analyze budgets along with the ability to develop and refine systems of work.
• Fluent in spoken and written English.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.