Jobs at:Zambia Postal Services Corporation
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, August 04 2023
Date Posted: Monday, July 17 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Overall Job Purpose
• To plan, coordinate and implement the objectives and procedures of the general accounts operations in order to provide accurate and up to date financial information to management. To prepare timely management reports in order to provide efficient management information to aid decision making and ensure that all management reporting requirements are met.
Grade and Station
• This senior Management position is at Grade P9. The work station is ZamPost Headquarters, Ndola.
• Reporting Line
• The Finance Manager reports to the Director Finance.
Statement of Key Responsibilities
The main duties of the Finance Manager include the following:-
1. In-charge of both the Management and Financial Accounting and Reporting.
2. Prepares weekly and monthly cash flow statements and ensure that sufficient funds are available to meet operational needs.
3. Checks and verifies all payments to ensure that they have required accompanying documents and for correctness and approvals before processing payment.
4. Conducts business modelling and risk assessments of planned business ventures based on budget.
5. Ensures preparation of Corporation payroll and payment of correct salaries on due dates and that statutory (PAYE, NAPSA) and other deductions are effected and paid on due dates.
6. Maintains all tax computations in separate files namely; Value Added Tax file; Pay as You Earn file; Withholding Tax; and any other tax affecting the Corporation prescribed by the statutes of tax regulation.
7. Maintain banking relationships with banks.
8. Use hedging to mitigate financial risks such as exchange losses on all foreign transactions.
9. Ensure that invoices are prepared and distributed in time for payments by clients.
10. Ensure that all payments are planned and payment are meticulously and timely made.
11. All idle/surplus funds available are invested to earn interest.
12. Provide support to business by ensuring that transfers are made in time to avoid disruption of business.
13. Ensures timely payments of general and payments to suppliers when funds are available based on the planned sequence.
14. Checks that all invoices for goods received or services rendered are accrued, signed and posted on the ACCPAC Accounting system before they are paid in order to reflect all the liabilities that are due.
15. Ensure that bank reconciliations are performed every month and follow up with banks on any outstanding issues.
16. Supervises, appraises, coaches, trains, disciplines and motivates subordinates in order to achieve unit objectives thereby contribute to achievement of Corporation’s objectives.
17. Performs any other duties as assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
Personal Attributes and Skills
The ideal candidate must possess the following attributes and skills:-
· A high level of personal organization to ensure timely and accurate reports.
· Detail oriented.
· A high standard of personal integrity.
· Skilled in strategy and analysis
· Understands travel expense management
· Ability to communicate well
· Adept in latest technologies
· Investment diversification capability
· Excellent leadership skills
· Team player
· Being collaborative
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance or full ZICA or full CIMA/ACCA. A Master’s Degree in Finance or Accounting will be an added advantage.
· A minimum of 5 years post-qualifying experience in Finance or Accounting from a reputable organization – (Government or Parastatal will be an added advantage) of which 3 years should be at Senior Management level.
· Membership to the Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants ZICA a must.
· Active knowledge of an accounting package
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• Interested candidates are invited to send hard copies of the applications letters with supporting documents (certificates) using EMS not later than 4th August 2023 to:-
• Senior Manager Human Resources
• Zambia Postal Services Corporation
• Plot No. 17/18, Arusha Street,
• P. O. Box 71845
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.