Vacancy title: Finance Officer – Database[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Nonprofit, and NGO , Category: Accounting & Finance ]
Deadline of this Job:
03 January 2023
Date Posted: Saturday, December 24, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
DAI works at the cutting edge of international development, combining technical excellence, professional project management, and exceptional customer service to solve our clients’ most complex problems. Since 1970, DAI has worked in 150 developing and transition countries, providing comprehensive development solutions in areas including crisis mitigation and stability operations, democratic governance and public sector management, agriculture and agribusiness, private sector development and financial services, economics and trade, HIV/AIDS, avian influenza control, water and natural resources management, and energy and climate change. Clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and host-country governments.
1. Project Background:
The Scaling Up Nutrition Program is a cross-ministry and multi-donor program to reduce stunting in Zambia through implementation of the Government of the Republic of Zambia (GRZ) 1,000 Most Critical Days Program.
SUN TA provides support and direct technical assistance to sub-national local government departments in target districts to plan, implement, coordinate, and monitor integrated nutrition-sensitive and nutrition-specific activities to reduce the rate of stunting among Zambian children under two and improve the nutritional status of pregnant and lactating mothers. USAID has identified two main objectives that address stunting, including (1) Adequate Quantity and Quality of Dietary Intake among Target Groups; and (2) Adequate Health Conditions for Biological Utilization of Nutrients. SUN TA interventions increase access and availability of safe, diverse, nutritious food; adoption of better child feeding and household hygiene practices; and access to improved health, water and sanitation services. The project prioritizes sustainability by improving intra-household joint decision making and building the capacity of local government and their stakeholders to ensure coordination, accountability, and learning, following the Scaling Up Nutrition model.
The Finance Officer Database ensures that Project financial transactions are captured in the DAI Accounting software accurately and timely and that the documentation is complete, accurate.
3. Place of Performance and Reporting:
The Finance Officer – Database will be based in Lusaka and will report to the Management Accountant
4. Responsibilities and Tasks:
• Data entry into the DAI Accounting System.
• Assists with the routine scanning and uploading of financial vouchers for submission to DAI’s head quarter.
• Performs other financial tasks assigned by the Finance Team which are consistent with his/her qualifications, this Scope of Work and the general requirements of the project.
• Maintains a good knowledge and understanding of all policies and procedures as set forth in the SUN TA Field Operations Policy Manual.
• Other duties as assigned.
5. Supervisory Responsibilities:
The Finance Officer Database will not have supervisory responsibilities.
6. Education and Experience:
• Diploma in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or equivalent.
• ZICA technician required
• At least two years previous experience in accounting or financial management.
• Experience working with international NGOs or donors, such as USAID-funded projects (preferred).
• No prior legal convictions for fraud or theft and no prior terminations for cause from a prior employer.
• Experience using Microsoft Excel (required)
• Experience using accounting software.
• Experience in managing petty cash accounts.
• Demonstrated honesty, trustworthiness initiative and self-motivation in handling all assigned tasks.
• Fluency in English is required.
7. Key Result Areas:
• Financial transactions are accurately and timely captured in DAI Accounting software to facilitate reporting and Management decision making.
• Capturing financial transactions
• Prepare and submit NAPSA and NHIMA returns
• Upload and save NAPSA and NHIMA on SharePoint.
8. Key Competencies for the Role:
• Team oriented
• Written and verbal communication
• Ability to work in a team
• Detail oriented
• Computer literate (Microsoft Excel)
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
Click here to apply now
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.