Vacancy title: Finance Officer – Payments[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Nonprofit, and NGO , Category: Accounting & Finance ]
Deadline of this Job:
03 January 2023
Date Posted: Saturday, December 24, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
DAI works at the cutting edge of international development, combining technical excellence, professional project management, and exceptional customer service to solve our clients’ most complex problems. Since 1970, DAI has worked in 150 developing and transition countries, providing comprehensive development solutions in areas including crisis mitigation and stability operations, democratic governance and public sector management, agriculture and agribusiness, private sector development and financial services, economics and trade, HIV/AIDS, avian influenza control, water and natural resources management, and energy and climate change. Clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and host-country governments.
1. Project Background:
The Scaling Up Nutrition Program is a cross-ministry and multi-donor program to reduce stunting in Zambia through implementation of the Government of the Republic of Zambia (GRZ) 1,000 Most Critical Days Program. SUN TA provides support and direct technical assistance to sub-national local government departments in target districts to plan, implement, coordinate, and monitor integrated nutrition-sensitive and nutrition-specific activities to reduce the rate of stunting among Zambian children under two and improve the nutritional status of pregnant and lactating mothers. USAID has identified two main objectives that address stunting, including (1) Adequate Quantity and Quality of Dietary Intake among Target Groups; and (2) Adequate Health Conditions for Biological Utilization of Nutrients. SUN TA interventions increase access and availability of safe, diverse, nutritious food; adoption of better child feeding and household hygiene practices; and access to improved health, water and sanitation services. The project prioritizes sustainability by improving intra-household joint decision making and building the capacity of local government and their stakeholders to ensure coordination, accountability, and learning, following the Scaling Up Nutrition model.
The Finance Officer Payments ensures that project payments are made accurately and in a timely basis.
3. Place of Performance and Reporting:
The Finance Officer – Payments will be based in Lusaka and will report to the Senior Finance Manager.
4. Responsibilities and Tasks:
• Receives and reviews (for completeness and accuracy) all incoming payment requests – advances, transfer requests, expense reports, mobile money payments and vendor payments.
• Ensures all payments are supported with the correct and accurate documentation.
• Prepares daily cash flow statements.
• Assists with data entry into the Financial Accounting System.
• Performs other financial tasks assigned by the Senior Finance Manager or Management Accountant which are consistent with his/her qualifications, this Scope of Work and the general requirements of the project
• Maintains a good knowledge and understanding of all policies and procedures as set forth in the SUN TA Field Operations Policy Manual.
• Other duties as assigned.
5. Supervisory Responsibilities:
The Finance Officer Payments will not have supervisory responsibilities
6. Education and Experience:
• Part qualified ACCA, ZICA, CIMA, at Technician level
• Must be a registered ZICA Technician
• B.A. or B. Com Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or equivalent or Completed ACCA Professional/ full CIMA/CA Zambia Associate is an added advantage.
• At least two years previous experience in accounting or financial management, particularly in online payments systems
• Experience working with international NGOs or donors, such as USAID-funded projects (preferred).
• No prior legal convictions for fraud or theft and no prior terminations for cause from a prior employer.
• High level of integrity
• Experience using Microsoft Excel (required)
• Experience using accounting software.
• Demonstrated honesty, trustworthiness initiative and self-motivation in handling all assigned tasks.
• Fluency in English is required.
7. Key Result Areas:
• Timely and accurate payments on the bank and mobile payment platforms
• Cashflow review
• Processing Local Purchase Orders on the ZRA Platform
• Submission of Statutory returns such as PAYE and Withholding tax for the organization.
8. Key Competencies for the Role:
• Team oriented
• Written and verbal communication
• Ability to work in a team
• Detail and organized oriented
• Accounting software and Microsoft literacy
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Click here to apply now
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.