Finance Officer AID-I
Jobs at:international Maize and Wheat Improvement Center (CIMMYT)
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, April 21 2023
Date Posted:Friday, April 21 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Cash Flow Projection, Monitoring and Budget Execution
• Ensure timely preparation of a cash flow projection for Zambia office with Country Office Coordinator.
• Review and update cash flow statement and with Country Office Coordinator and Program Managers and Program Administrators.
Payment Processing, Transaction Recording and Documentation
• Coordinate in country financial activities in constant coordination with CIMMYT and IITA Finance functions.
• Scrutinize and support or initiate payment requests and processing ensuring proper support documentation is attached.
• Ensure proper numbering and filling of financial and accounting records.
• Ensure proper recording of financial transactions in corresponding system.
• Generate monthly a record of all transactions entered during the month and ensure errors are corrected in time.
• Verify monthly consolidation and submission of monthly reports to HQ
• Facilitate independent the work of auditors when undergoing an audit and prepare management response to the auditor recommendations, in compliance with donor rules and regulations; ensure follow up of auditor recommendations and
• Support IITA as necessary with timely submission of all direct and indirect tax requirements and ensure VAT recovery with the respective tax authorities.
Payables and Receivables Analysis and Travel Legalizations
• Conduct a monthly review of balances with a view to regularize them.
• Review travel claims/advance and ensure timely submission, and processing of advances and legalizations.
• Analyze, reconcile and follow-up staff personal accounts to ensure compliance with CIMMYT policies.
• Support IITA in preparing statutory returns and ensuring compliance with all statutory requirements.
Project Management Support
• Review project Budgetary information for planning and forecasting, monitor budget execution and prepare monthly updates to the country coordinator.
• Follow up and monitor payments to project partners and proper financial reporting from them, assisting as necessary in preparing their returns and reviewing their expenditure supporting documentation.
• Supporting in preparation of and attending project team meetings while providing back up on project financial matters
• Budget tracking and regular verification of reported Country expenses.
• With support from IITA, prepare and submit to HQ monthly bank reconciliations and other internal control requirements as dictated by CIMMYT HQ and/or supervisor.
• Support procurement effort in compliance with procurement policy and with guidance from the Country Office Coordinator and procurement function at HQ.
• Bachelor’s or master’s degree in accounting or related qualification and familiarity with Non-for-profit environment and Funder/Donor regulatory environment and processes.
• At least 3 years’ relevant work experience in accounting, financial management for the development sector/ donor funded projects.
• Experience in computerized accounting and knowledge of Quick Books and related accounting packages.
• The candidate should hold a valid membership certificate of any of professional accounting bodies or similar bodies.
• A customer-orientation and focus on process efficiency and efficacy is indispensable.
• High level of confidentiality and integrity
• Excellent knowledge of MS Office especially MS Word and MS Excel
• Good time management and team management skills
• Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
• Able to integrate into a multi-cultural team and cooperate with co-workers.
• The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Organization, Critical thinking, Teamwork, Client Orientation, Problem Solving decision making, Negotiation and Conflict resolution.
• Private Health Insurance
• Pension Plan
• Paid Time Off
• Work From Home
• Training & Development
Job Experience:No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.