Vacancy title: Finance Officer[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Financial Services , Category: Accounting & Finance ]
Jobs at:Care Cooperative Savings and Credit Society Ltd (CareCoop)
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, May 05 2023
Date Posted: Tuesday, May 02 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Applications are invited from suitably qualified, experienced, motivated and reliable individuals to join our team of professionals for the position of Finance Officer at Care Cooperative Savings and Credit Society Limited (CareCoop).
CareCoop is a member-driven Savings and Credit Co-operative Society Organization (SACCO) registered under the Ministry of Small and Medium Enterprise Development. The organization has experienced phenomenal growth in the last few years.
Main Purpose of Job
The Finance Officer is responsible for managing day-to-day financial transactions for the organization and all accounting functions to ensure proper use, tracking and accountability of CareCoop resources.
Main duties include but are not limited to the following:
1. Assist with performing reconciliations of bank and other ledger accounts
2. Maintenance of petty cash
3. Responsible for timely loan payments and settlement of local suppliers
4. Timely update of member savings and loan accounts using Microsoft Dynamics Navision on a daily basis
5. Ensuring effective record-keeping of all finance-related documents in an orderly and timely manner
6. Assist with management of budget, regularly match expenditure against all budgets
7. Manage accounts payable and accounts receivable
8. Prepare monthly financial reports and bank reconciliations
9. Help maintain and improve financial controls and procedures.
10. Analyze financial data to identify trends and make recommendations for improvement
11. Ensure statutory compliance – ZRA, NAPSA, NHIMA, Workers Comp
12. Liaise annually with external auditors
13. Responsible for the bi-annual fixed asset verification.
14. Any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
1. Minimum of (4) years of relevant work experience preferable in a financial institution.
2. Experience using MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint). Experience using MS Dynamics Navision or related packages is an added advantage.
3. Critical thinking and problem-solving skills with ability to make sound judgment.
4. Proactive, person-centred, results-oriented, and service-oriented.
5. Proven ability to work under pressure and ability to embrace and manage change at all times.
6. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
7. Meticulous, detailed, well-organized and able to work independently
8. Excellent analytical skills
9. Self-motivated, Honest and Trustworthy
1. Grade 12 School Certificate with a minimum of five (5) ‘O’ Levels (Credit or better)
2. Bachelor’s degree in Accountancy/Finance or equivalent
3. Full professional qualification such as CA Zambia/CIMA/ ACCA is a plus
4. Must be a paid up Member of ZICA
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Professional Certificate
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified candidates should email their application letters with CVs as a single document in PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for receiving applications shall be 5th May 2023 at 17:00 pm. The subject line for the email must be ‘Finance Officer’. Applicants must provide daytime contact numbers and three (3) traceable referees.
Only shortlisted-listed candidates will be contacted.
CARE COOPERATIVE SAVINGS AND CREDIT SOCIETY LIMITED IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.