Vacancy title: Finance Officer[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Agriculture, Food, and Natural Resources , Category: Finance, Insurance & Real Estate ]
Jobs at:Chitambo Agro Processing Limited
Deadline of this Job:
20 October 2022
Date Posted: Friday, October 14, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Chitambo Agro Processing Limited (the “Company”) is a greenfield project that is owned by the Industrial Development Corporation (“IDC”) in partnership with the Chitambo District Cooperative Union (CDCU).
The Company has invested in a cassava processing plant for the production of cassava meal, starch, and animal feed for the local and regional markets.
• Participates in the formulation and review of the Company Strategic Plan.
• Provides finance reporting input into the Company’s strategic planning and implementation process.
• Oversees the development of the Finance Department’s strategy to align to the corporate strategy, vision, mission, and values to optimize productivity.
• Oversees the departmental workplan and budget.
• Supervises budget development, and systems management as well as finance staff while driving business processes to improve efficiency and meet the Company’s goals.
• Minimises operational costs by ensuring that departmental expenditure remains within budget approval and savings made from budget.
• Ensure increased shareholder value.
• Ensure effective leverage for cost cutting and containment measures.
• Oversees and coordinates the preparation and finalisation of financial statements.
• Oversees revenue policies and procedures including billing for revenue generation.
• Identifies and provides solutions for areas of high risk in the revenue cycle, documentation, or billing practices.
• Manages internal systems used for recording revenue and compliance with tax and all other regulatory requirements.
• Acts as the main point of contact for addressing any enquiries and questions related to financial operations.
• Monitors and manages payments.
• Manages account payables and receivables activities.
• Conducts finance audit periodically and recommend improvements.
• Develops financial policies and procedures for operational efficiency.
• Develops and maintains financial statements to enable the Company to make informed decisions.
• Ensures that financial operation activities are executed and delivered as per set standards.
• Develops operational initiatives to achieve financial goals.
• Oversees monthly, quarterly annual and ad-hoc financial management reports to ensure conformity with standard accounting practices and procedures.
• Exercise the powers and duties generally exercised this position in the furtherance of the interests of the company as may be authorised and or delegated by the Supervisor.
• Prepare key departmental reports, and any other information required
• Oversees preparation of forecasts, management accounts and cashflow management strategies.
• Oversees the processing of supplier payments and statutory financial requirements.
• Perform any other job-related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience
1. Grade 12 certificate.
2. Diploma and/or equivalent professional Qualifications in Finance, Accounting, or other relevant fields.
3. Professional Membership.
4. Minimum of 5 years work experience in a similar position
Competencies required for this Role
Only qualified and interested applicants who are willing to work in Chitambo District of Central Province of Zambia should submit their application letter, updated Curriculum Vitae, Traceable References, copies of qualifications, and national registration card (NRC).
If contacted for tests and/or job interviews, please take with you your original NRC, qualifications, and any supporting documents in your possession.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
1. Applicants who do not meet the requirements will not be considered.
2. No lobbying or corruption will be allowed.
3. After uploading your documents, you are required to fill in the form as provided by the link below:
1. Fill in the sections below and upload your documents.
2. Copy the link above.
3. Paste it into your browser.
4. Fill in the form.
Chitambo Agro Processing Limited is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.