Jobs at:Lifeline/Childline Zambia
Deadline of this Job:
31 January 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, January 12, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Program Finance Manager reports to the Project Director.
• The successful candidate will have ﬁnance and accounting experience, a collaborative team work orientation and a desire to be part of a fast-paced, growing organization.
• This role is an opportunity to build on demonstrated accounting skills and gain experience working both independently and collaboratively across global teams.
• Supervise approximately 1 ﬁnance employee, ensuring results by setting expectations, coaching and mentoring employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising performance.
• Protects operations by keeping ﬁnancial information and plans conﬁdential.
General Accounting Functions
• Act as a backup for tracking and payment of accounts payable to vendors.
• Oversee the preparation of monthly invoices as needed and monitor accounts receivables collection.
• Support Month End close process for designated entities.
• Monitor and review time and expense reports submitted by staﬀ.
• Ensure accounting activities are recorded accurately in appropriate systems.
• Provide ongoing systems support to maintain the general ledger system.
• Provide project and business development inputs for corporate budget analysis.
• Support project-related audits.
Financial Planning, Forecasting and Reporting
• Develop and analyze annual ﬁnancial plans and forecasts.
• Model probability-adjusted growth projections based on proposals submitted to funders.
• Monitor, analyze and evaluate ﬁnancial management of Lifeline/Childline Zambia against budget and growth objectives on a monthly basis.
• Prepare monthly summary project budget reports, showing expenditure versus plan and projections across all projects, for review with the Project Director and Gender Advisor.
Financial Reporting and Audit
• Support preparation of year-end ﬁnancial reporting.
• Support internal and external annual tax processes.
• Support internal and external annual audit processes.
Other Duties as Assigned
Lifeline/Childline Zambia objectives.
• Ensure appropriate cost recovery from funders for indirect costs.
• Assist in the development of short- and long-term ﬁnancial plans for programs, monitor progress, and assure adherence and evaluate performance.
• Prepare and update project budgets on a monthly basis, including actual expenditures and projected accruals, for review with project managers.
• In consultation with project managers, track deliverables and payment milestones.
• Utilize reporting to identify project-related risks and review solutions with project managers.
• Conﬁrm that all project invoices are submitted in alignment with contract requirements.
• Follow up on past-due invoices to promote positive cash ﬂows.
• Assist with contract close-out reports and procedures.
• Provide special ﬁnancial reports as needed based on project deliverable requirements.
• Support cost share reporting as required for individual projects
• Travel to in-country project locations to support reporting, capacity building, proposals, audits or special projects.
Qualiﬁcations and Experience
• ACCA Full
• Advanced Diploma in Accounting, ZICA, or related ﬁeld preferred.
• Registered member of ZICA
• 3 years of relevant working experience within the development sector (preferably the Health NGO sector) The due date for the applications is 31st January 2022.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.