Jobs at:Lusaka Provincial Health Office
Deadline of this Job:
08 December 2021
Date Posted: Wednesday, December 01, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Lusaka Provincial Health Office (LPHO) with Support from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the under listed position:
Job Title: Finance Officer (1)
Location: Rufunsa District
To prepare monthly cash flow requests, documentation and financial reports in order to ensure adherence to financial regulations and guidelines.
Reports to: District Accountant
• Prepare financial reports in line with GRZ/PEPFAR Project policies and procedures:
• Prepare budgets, track expenditure and perform variance analyses:
• Ensure compliance with relevant projec1/donor rules, regulations and internal controls:
• Data capture of financial transactions into the accounting system;
• Prepare for both internal and external audits and/or financial reviews:
• A liaison person with the bank on financial matters:
• Prepare cash flow forecasts and ensure effective cash flow management:
• Prepare payments to vendors and other service providers under the project
• Prepare monthly bank reconciliations and track bank transactions:
• Ensure proper asset and inventory management in line with laid down procedures;
• Reconcile activity advances and ensure adequate backup documentation:
• Orients non-finance program staff on key financial procurement and stores management requirements and supporting documents and Conducts quarterly finance and resource review audits in all programs.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Experience
• Grade Twelve (12) School Certificate with Five (5) Credits or better including Mathematics, Science and English:
• Minimum of a Diploma in Accounting/Finance or equivalent from a recognized institution or Professional qualification such as ACCA/ZICA/CIMA Part 2
• Experience with Navision Accounting System and Excel Spreadsheets will be an added advantage:
• Valid ZICA membership:
• Outstanding interpersonal skills:
• A minimum of Two (2) years’ experience in Financial Management:
• Experience with GRZ/PEPFAR funded projects will be an added advantage
• Good proficiency in oral and written English: and
• Good computer skills, particularly in Microsoft Office
• Must have high level of confidentiality and Integrity:
• Trustworthy and Honest:
• Must be a team player and
• Ability to work with minimum supervision.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates meeting the above stated qualifications and attributes are required to submit their applications with the following documents: Curriculum Vitae with Three (3) traceable Referees, Academic and Professional Qualifications. Full Registration with relevant Professional Bodies and valid Practicing Licenses where applicable to the address below by Wednesday, 8th December, 2021.
An attractive package will be offered to successful applicants who will be appointed on contract for an initial period of Nine 19) months subject to renewal depending on performance. Applicants are encouraged to apply for one position only. Applications should be clearly marked with the position being applied for and applicants should provide valid phone numbers for easy communication.
The Provincial Health Director
Lusaka Provincial Health Office
Plot Number 3 Saise Road, Longacres
P.O. Box 32573
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.