Jobs at:Plan International Zambia
Deadline of this Job:
24 May 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, May 12, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-governmental organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And its girls who are most affected. Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries. Child protection is key in all that we do.
Working in Zambia since 1996, Plan International Zambia’s development and capacity building programmes focus primarily on Education, Health, Water and Sanitation, Economic Security and Youth Empowerment, including Child Protection and Participation. Plan International Zambia has Programme Areas (PAs) in; Central, Luapula, and Eastern Provinces including in Lusaka, where the Country Office is located
We are looking for experienced and vibrant self-starters to fill the following positions:
Finance Officer (X1), Scaling Up Nutrition Ii (Sunii) Project, Chiege
The Finance Officer’s main role is to capture all accounting transactions and provide all necessary financial information of the Project. This information is then passed on to the Finance and Administration Coordinator who in turn reports to the Country Office. The incumbent works within the set framework and refers all decisions to the Finance and Administration Coordinator. This position is a support position that enables the SUN II Project Team to achieve their results by providing necessary finance and administration support.
The position reports to the Finance and Administration Coordinator.
• The incumbent is responsible for the recording and capturing of all financial transactions and disbursements to ensure that all funds utilized by the Project are accounted for.
• Preparation of cheques based on complete and accurately coded payment packages.
• Prepare journal entries to record/ correct financial records.
• Prepare cash receipts for all income received.
• Prepare timely intercompany re-charges and pass to relevant offices.
• Enter all receipting into system of all banking transaction for accountability purposes.
• Prepare bank reconciliations to ensure that bank balances are in line with cash book balances.
• Conduct petty cash counts by carrying out spot checks on the custodian of petty cash.
• Understand the funding requirements of the Country Program Outline and prepare administration budget of Program Unit accordingly.
• Check requests by Project team are in accordance with the Country Program Outline limits to ensure requests on activities are within the set budget limits.
• Participate in Budget reviews conducted for the Program as and when necessary.
• Filling all financial records to ensure easy access and for record keeping enabling easy referencing by the auditors and any external use required.
• Ensure that only payments to where all appropriate suppliers have signed the Safeguarding policy pass for payment.
• Identify Child Protection key risks within area of operation and put in appropriate control measures to manage them.
• Monitor that activities done and participant lists provided are gender balanced.
Educational Qualifications and Experience
• A Higher National Diploma in Accounting
• Degree in Accounting or equivalent qualification will be an added advantage
• 2-3 years’ experience in a similar role in an NGO environment
• Well versed in computerized accounting applications.
• ZICA membership.
• Knowledgeable in International Financial Reporting Standards.
• Communicates clearly and effectively.
• Proficient in computer skills and use of relevant accounting packages.
• Leading through vision and mission and a personal commitment to children’s development and protection.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
To apply, kindly send through your application letter, copies of NRC, Qualifications and CV, indicating day time telephone and/or mobile contacts clearly stating the job title of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. Kindly note that only candidates who meet the above specifications and competencies should apply and applications should reach the undersigned not later than 24th May, 2022, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
All Applications should be addressed to;
The Country Human Resource Organisational & Development Manager
Plan International Zambia
Private Bag 518X
Plot 87A Kabulonga road
We provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on any grounds. We foster an organizational culture that embraces and exemplifies our commitment to gender equality, girls’ rights and inclusion while supporting staff to adopt good practice, positive attitudes and principles of gender equality and inclusion.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.