Vacancy title: Finance Officer[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Nonprofit, and NGO , Category: Finance, Insurance & Real Estate ]
Jobs at: Right to Care
Deadline of this Job:
20 July 2022
Date Posted: Friday, July 15, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Diploma in Accounting or equivalent
• Minimum 3 years Accounting experience
• Member of ZICA
Desirable Qualifications and Experience:
• 3 Years’ experience on USAID donor funded projects.
• Part CA Zambia/ACCA/CIMA or Equivalent,
• Computer literacy, Sage Pastel Evolution
TECHNICAL AND BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
• Computer literate
• Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office Suite
• Good communication skills
• Good interpersonal skills
• Ability to work in a team
• Self-starter with proactive work ethic
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
• Receive, record, and submit payment request for authorisation
• Perform basic checks to ensure that each payment requisition complies to the donor/ internal policy and guidelines.
• Liaise with other departments regarding payment requisitions that are outstanding.
• Ensure that all payables and receivables payments requests are fully reconciled before payment and monthly.
• Ensure a proper and accurate filing system is constantly maintained for all payment requisitions, journals, and other reference documents
• Ensure that payment cut-off times are adhered to in the processing of payments including FX payments.
• Capture petty cash payments into the accounting system
• Ensure that Statutory and third-party payments are done by deadline time and that they are fully processed.
• Print out or export bank statements and create a cashbook batch on Pastel reflecting the correct payment references per bank account/project.
• Ensure that bank balance revaluations are performed accordingly for all foreign currency accounts and checked by line manager
• Prepare the Bank Reconciliation monthly and ensure that it is signed off by the authorised persons.
• Process system supplier invoices when required paying attention to the GL code used or Prepare AP JV for posting by line manager
• Ensure intercompany and interbranch transactions are entered timely and accurately onto sage pastel
• Ensure that relevant provisions and accruals are entered and submitted to line manager; including statutory accruals
• Perform liquidations of accounts Receivables in timely manne
• Generate correcting entries for review and posting by line manager
• Initiate other journals as guided by line manager
• Prepare monthly reconciliations of payables & receivables accounts and submit to Line manager for review.
• Assist with the month end reconciliation of all balance sheet items for all grants for review by line manager
• Extract payment requisitions and other required information per the sample sent by the auditors.
• Record and track every financial administrative process for audit purposes.
• File back all sampled documents after Auditors are done reviewing among other duties
By applying for the above-mentioned position, you consent to Right to Care to conduct qualification, ID, criminal and reference checks (internal and external) which forms part of the Company’s recruitment policy and procedure. Should you not receive a response to your application from Right to Care within one month of this advert being placed, kindly consider your application as being unsuccessful.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process. Right to Care reserves the right to withdraw the vacancy at any time for whatever reason.
Right to Care is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer. The Company’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we actively encourage and welcome people with various disabilities to apply.
Right to Care Zambia is aware of fraudulent activities by certain individuals claiming to be representatives of the organization.
Be advised that Right to Care does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process, and as such Right to Care Zambia assumes no responsibility for any announcements or activities by such individuals or entities.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.