Jobs at:Smollan Zambia
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, July 21 2023
Date Posted: Tuesday, July 11 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• At Smollan, we’re on an evolutionary journey where we’re shifting our story. We’re looking for truly unique people who believe in fostering a diverse and inclusive environment. Where our people are cared for, happy and inspired in building an extraordinary place to work. We’re on the lookout for an experienced Finance Officer who will maintain financial, accounting, administrative and personnel services in order to meet legislative requirements and support Smollan operations.
The incumbent of this role will be responsible for:
• Capturing of journals and invoices in Sage
• Weekly preparation of bank reconciliations
• Ability to explain Balance Sheet account Balances with a help of proper schedules monthly.
• Create and Maintain schedules to support prepayments, provisons and general Accruals & Provisions.
• Timely preparation of statutory returns and payments and monthly reconcilliations of VAT, WHT PAYE, SDL, NAPSA, NHI & WHT tied to Ledger and Ita
• Proper cost accounting and preparing utilization for billing purposes.
• Understanding SAGE and SEI report well and proper use of SAGE Accounting Modules
• Engage in developing ways that simplify Balance sheet GL and Bank reconciliations.
• Excellent verbal and written communication
What are we looking for?
• To qualify for this role, you should have:
• Diplomer in Finance, Accounting
2-3 years Financial Management experience in retail/FMCG
Excellent Communication skills (verbal & written)
Solid understanding of accounting principles
Knowledge of local statutory legislation and regulations
Must include knowledge of Excel and proficiency in an accounting program or system
Organisation skills (structured, organised and able to prioritise accurately)
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.