Vacancy title: Finance Specialist[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Nonprofit, and NGO , Category: Finance, Insurance & Real Estate ]
Deadline of this Job:
14 October 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, October 05, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is the implementing agency of the Federal Republic of Germany for technical and international cooperation. It offers flexible, sustainable and effective solutions in political, economic and social change processes. Most of the work of GIZ is commissioned by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). GIZ also operates on behalf of other German ministries as well as public and private bodies in Germany and abroad. These include the European Commission, the United Nations, the World Bank and governments of other countries.
The Programme “Enabling Access to Justice, Civil Society Participation and Transparency (EnACT)” is funded by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and promotes dialogue and cooperation between Government institutions and civil society organisations (CSOs) on law and policy reform and implementation. The Programme aims at improving the Zambian population’s access to accountable institutions, to justice and to transparent government decision-making processes. The programme consists of four main outputs,(1) Legislative Framework and Civic Space (2) Accountability and Transparency (3) Legal Aid and (4) LegalTech.
In this context, GIZ is seeking a suitable candidate to fill the following position:
Finance Specialist – (Lusaka based)
Main tasks and responsibilities:
• Checking Partner requests for funding before release
• Checking and reviewing the correctness of the financial settlements for all types financing contracts in line with GIZ regulations.
• Checking and reviewing the correctness of appraiser invoices for consulting contracts in line with GIZ regulations.
• Monitoring and updating payment plan for all contracts under his/ her responsibility
• Keeping track of all the settlements received from the partner organization
• Keeping a record of all financial settlement documentation sent to country office
• Keeping track of Receivables related to financing contracts
• Checking the partner’s adherence to budget.
• Maintaining liaison between the Country Office and the Programme’s partners regarding any issues relating to the accounting of financing agreements and local subsidies (in coordination with the responsible technical advisor).
• Preparing/ checking travel claims for programme and partner personnel in line with the GIZ P+R and GIZ Zambia Country Office delegation levels
• Participates in the Programme’s external & Internal control audit
• Conducts the Commercial and Legal Eligibility Assessments for the programme’s partner organisations
• Immediately informs the Superior on any financial or accounting irregularities
• Performs other duties and tasks at the request of management.
Required qualifications, competences, and experience
• CA level 2, CIMA Level 2, ACCA level 2, university degree in relevant specialization and must be a paid-up member of ZICA
• Must be a member of the Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountant
• Atleast 3 years of work experience in a comparable position
Other knowledge and additional competences:
• Fluency in English, both written and oral is a requirement
• Good working knowledge of multicultural and multidisciplinary environment
• Computer literacy for financial management and accounting. Competency in excel is an asset
• Proactive attitude and a team player with the ability to work with minimum supervision
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills as well as excellent IT and numerical skills
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
The successful candidate will be expected to start employment with GIZ, on a fixed term contract. Interested candidates must send the CV and a cover letter electronically, quoting the reference: GIZ_EnACT_FS in the subject line to: email@example.com by 15:00hrs on Friday, 14th October 2022. GIZ will only assess applications which meet the following criteria:
• Cover letters must be sent using font type Arial, size 11. In the first paragraph, please outline your motivation for applying for the position. In the second paragraph, outline your experience in the position
• CVs must be submitted in PDF not exceeding three (3) pages. Do not indicate your marital status, religion, Political affiliation or insert your photo.
• Certificates, qualifications, etc. must not be attached to the application.
• Traceable references of previous engagements must be provided.
Please note that only applicants selected for interview will be contacted. GIZ is committed to be an equal opportunities employer, therefore, women and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.