Jobs at:Zambia Association of Manufacturers
Deadline of this Job:
16 December 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, December 07, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Zambia Association of Manufacturers (ZAM), a business association representing the interests of the entire manufacturing sector and other related economic and/or production sectors in Zambia, is looking to recruit a Finance and Administration Specialist to provide accounting and administrative services and support work to ensure effective operation of the Association. Aside from providing administrative support to all departments and the CEO’s office. Duties include, receptionist and project-based work in addition to projecting a professional company image through in-person and phone interaction with members and other stakeholders.
Department: Finance and Administration
Title: Finance and Administration Specialist
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Expected Start Date: Immediately
1. Key Result Areas:
• Maintain revenue and expenditure accounts in a prudent manner.
• Lead the control of inventory, credit and collection, disbursements, deposits and remittances.
• Establish adequate controls for all revenues and expenses and safeguard of assets.
• Ensure accruals are properly accounted for as per accounting standards.
• Account for office expenses (petty cash, stationary, transport, equipment, travel etc.)
• Undertake payroll functions, process vouchers and distribute funds in timely manner.
• Maintain an Asset Register for Management of Assets.
• Timely prepare budgets and cash flows to facilitate decision making.
• Produce monthly, quarterly and annual management and financial accounts.
• Develop strategies for the timely disbursement of gratuities.
• Spearhead the production of externally audited financial accounts.
• Manage daily affairs of the Association as well as the allocation and coordination of personnel to ensure orderly work.
• Coordinate meetings, seminars and conferences of the Association.
• Coordinate various committee meetings and production of monthly and quarterly departmental reports.
• Provide office orientation for new employees, provide relevant information to staff such as policies and request relevant documentation from employees for files.
• Coordinate leave days and other human resource issues.
• Coordinate development of departmental work-plans to enable monitoring and evaluation of staff performance.
• Assist CEO in developing and executing a robust financial sustainability strategy.
• Determine revenues from the different revenue sources and propose revenue growth strategies.
• Develop policies that will help improve the working environment in the Secretariat.
• Develop procedures that will ensure that the Secretariat has adequate systems and controls.
• Full Grade 12 Certificate.
• Full ZlCA Licentiate/Bachelor of Accountancy or equivalent.
• At least 3 years’ relevant work experience in a similar position.
• Experience in working with Pastel Accounting package is a must.
• Sound knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and International Accounting Standards (IAS) systems.
• Must be a member of the Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants.
• Excellent computer skills and report writing skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to relate confidently with a range of people.
• Ability to work with own initiative and under minimal supervision.
• A Team Player with good management and communication skills.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.