Finance and Administration Assistant
Jobs at:FHI 360
Deadline of this Job:
Monday, November 20 2023
Date Posted: Monday, November 06 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Under the direction of the Business Official, the Finance and Administrative Assistant’s primary role is to support the Business Official with financial and administrative services to ensure high quality, accuracy and consistency in offering an effective clerical support in service delivery to the CDC PHO TA Project office in Chipata.
Duties and responsibilities
• Prepare GFAS entries as assigned including invoices and journal entries.
• Prepare bank reconciliation statements monthly.
• Review petty cash reconciliations monthly and conduct spontaneous petty cash spot checks.
• Facilitate the payment of vendor invoices on a weekly basis.
• Maintain and track timesheets monthly.
• Review of training budgets monthly.
• Maintain physical inventory listings as per established FHI 360 standards, which include inventory listing and reconciliation of records to the GFAS accounting system.
• Perform accurate and timely reconciliations of advances (including travel, workshop advances, other receivables, and prepaid accounts) to field office balances per FHI 360 General Ledger, to the GFAS Country Office Balance Sheet.
• Review of travel expense reports.
• Assist with routine procurement requests and purchase order administrative processes;
• Coordinate logistics for program operations or staff travel.
• Ensure payments tracker is updated with all payment request submissions.
• Review supporting documentation against FHI 360 payment requirements.
• Work with service providers to address and resolve queries related to submitted invoices.
• Participate in service provider meetings.
• Prepare and send remittance advices to service providers.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and requirements
• University degree in accounting, finance and business administration or its recognized equivalent CIMA, ACCA, NATECH.
• Registered with ZICA
• Previous experience in working with a variety of donors, such as CDC is preferred.
• Minimum of 5 years relevant experience working in an NGO environment.
• Self-directed, self-motivated, with excellent attention to detail.
• Strong organizational and excellent time management skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and a strong team player with proven communication, diplomacy, and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to communicate well with all levels of staff, internal management as well as clients.
• Strong writing skills and ability to produce documents and reports primarily in English.
• High proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.