Vacancy title: Finance and Administration Director[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Professional, Scientific, and Technical Services , Category: Accounting & Finance ]
Jobs at:Millennium Project Completion Agency
Deadline of this Job:
17 February 2023
Date Posted: Friday, February 03, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The United States of America, acting through the Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC”) and the Republic of Zambia acting through its Government (The “Govemment”) entered into a Millennium Challenge Compact for Millennium Challenge Account assistance to help facilitate poverty reduction through economic growth in Zambia on 10th May, 2012 (The “Compact”) in the amount of Three Hundred and Fifty Four Million Seven Hundred and Fifty Seven Thousand Six Hundred and Forty United States Dollars (USS 354,757,640) (“MCC Funding”). The Millennium Challenge Account Zambia Limited (“MCA-Zambia”) was designated as the accountable entity for purposes of implementation of the Lusaka Water Supply, Sanitation and Drainage Project. The Compact expired on 15th November 2018 (“Compact End Date”). The Government, in accordance with its obligations under the Compact, designated Millennium Project Completion Agency-Zambia Limited (MPCA-Zambia), a subsidiary of MCA-Zambia, as an additional accountable entity for purposes of implementation of any activities that would be incomplete by the Compact End Date, such activities to be funded by the Government (“Government Funding”) and together with “MCC Funding”, “Compact Funding”.
In December 2021, the Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC) selected Zambia as eligible to develop a second Millennium Challenge Compact (“the Compact”), a five-year grant Programme. In February 2022, the Government of the Republic of Zambia (GRZ) designated MPCA-Zambia as the entity to spearhead the development of Compact II and related activities, working closely with MCC and other stakeholders. The activities include conducting a diagnosis of the constraints to economic growth and poverty reduction, preparing concept notes, developing proposals and planning for project implementation.
MPCA-Zambia now invites suitably qualified individuals to apply for the following positions:
FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION DIRECTOR
Reports to: National Coordinator
To be accountable for budget preparation and monitoring, preparation of periodic financial reports, and advising MPCA-Zambia management and implementing partners on fiscal issues. Also leads the adaptation of administrative policies, systems and frameworks ensuring that these are aligned to the needs of MPCA-Zambia and compliant with MCC guidelines and local law.
• Analyses MPCA-Zambia operational and programmatic needs and assess the annual budget’s capacity to fund initiatives and daily operational requirements and forecast cash flows ensuring that funding is secured and allocated as per the Compact Development Funding Agreement.
• Coordinates finance and administration activities with an Interim Fiscal Agent retained by MCC
Develops periodic financial reports for MPCA-Zambia management, Board, and MCC.
• Advises MPCA-Zambia management during budget and audit exercises, providing analysis and compliance guidance, to facilitate fiscal planning and implementation.
• Guides MPCA-Zambia staff and implementing entities on MCC fiscal management and reporting regulations, and national government procedures, to ensure compliance and transparency.
• Assesses and update Fiscal Accountability Plan, accounting and reporting guidelines, incorporating feedback from MPCA-Zambia finance team, operations, and program staff, to ensure its relevance and ability to support the work of the development of the Compact.
• Acts as the primary liaison between the MPCA-Zambia and Directors, Implementing Entities, banking and financial service providers on financial-related matters and issues.
• Manages and reviews the work of assigned staff and ensure quality of outputs and provide day-to-day supervision.
• Evaluates MPCA-Zambia’s and implementing entities’ fiscal and reporting system and determine their compliance with MCC standards, identify issues and risks, to support internal and external audit exercises.
• Develops tools to support the implementation of administrative policies across all functions within the organization.
• Assesses the administrative support needs of the MCA and develop administrative systems and plans that cover travel, facilities management, and logistics, and align these with MCA objectives. Carries out all other tasks and responsibilities required by the National Coordinator
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Grade 12 School Certificate with a minimum of five (5) ‘O’ levels (credit or better)
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration. Economics or equivalent, CIMA. ACCA or CA Zambia
• Associate or Licentiate Member of the Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants (ZICA) required.
• Knowledge of financial management and human resource systems
• At least 8 years’ experience in financial management, accounting, and budgeting
• Successful experience working with an MCA or any other donor- funded Program in a position that was responsible for financial management and administration.
• Experience in financial management of FIDIC large works contracts Competency in accounting and data processing software
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 96
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates who meet the above stipulated qualifications should send their application letters, Curriculum vitae, three traceable referees and photocopies of relevant certificates to:
Applications should be submitted electronically not later than 17th February 2023
Masautso. E. Nyathando (Dr.hr)
Beatmas Human Resource Consultants Limited
P.O. Box 32830
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.