Vacancy title: Finance and Administration Intern[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Nonprofit, and NGO , Category: Finance, Insurance & Real Estate ]
Jobs at: Miracle Corners Zambia
Deadline of this Job:
29 July 2022
Date Posted: Monday, July 18, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Finance and Administration Intern will be expected to take on meaningful projects contribution while supporting the Operations Officer covering financial and administrative management for the projects; oversight of financial and administrative support staff; and establishment of the systems, procedures, and training of staff required to ensure compliance with grant and donor requirements and organization’s policies and systems.
The intern will have the opportunity to get hands-on experience in doing the following;
Finance and administration
• Support day-to-day running of the financial, administrative and operations activities including overseeing systems for providing financial, administrative, and operational support to staff at all levels;
• Support design, implement and maintain effective internal controls;
• Support the recording, documenting, and reporting of all financial transactions, including the preparation of monthly financial expense reports, cash, and bank reconciliation statements, tracking of advances and liquidations, and review of monthly payroll; Prepare financial reports.
• Support in provide training to field staff in both offices on project procedures, including building the capacity of project staff in the area of finance, administration, and project management;
• Assist in overseeing preparation of monthly paysheets, payroll, including computation of income tax and pension contributions & other fringe benefits;
• Monitor effective maintenance of up-to-date personnel records.
Operations and management
• Assist in procurement efforts of the projects including logistics for projects activities, including selection and negotiation with vendors, and the management of subcontractors on the project;
• Review purchase requisitions and purchase orders, ensuring adequate funds, expense authorization, supporting documentation, accuracy of amounts, and control over payments;
• Supporting in ensuring the organization registration is up to date with the relevant authorities;
• Supporting OP in compliance of procurement and field accounting policies and procedures, including adherence to grant and donor rules and regulations; Manage procedures and staff developing project inventory and property lists, ensuring their accuracy and timely reviews and updates;
• Other duties as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, ZICA Licentiate, ACCA or equivalent;
• Minimum of one years of relevant work experience an advantage;
• Ability to work and travel to multi-cultural environments and build effective working relationships with clients, subcontractors, partners, and colleagues;
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while remaining flexible;
• Strong attention to detail and strong organizational skills required;
• Excellent oral and written communication, analytical, interpersonal, and team management skills;
• Experience with Google Drive, Microsoft Word and Excel and excellent budgeting skills an advantage;
• Advanced language proficiency in English required;
• Experience in bookkeeping and QuickBooks an advantage.
The organization is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We strive to develop and maintain a culture that honors the perspectives and identities of our employees, our communities and those impacted by our work.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 12
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should send their application letter and curriculum vitae (Less than 4 pages) with three contactable referees no later than 29 July 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating ‘Finance and Administration Intern’ on the subject of the email. Only candidates who will be shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.