Vacancy title: Finance and Administration Manager[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Professional Services , Category: Accounting & Finance ]
Jobs at:Afya Mzuri
Deadline of this Job:
10 January 2023
Date Posted: Thursday, December 29, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
(01) Lusaka Office – Two Years Contract
We are a Zambian Local organisation whose vision is, to be recognized as Zambia’s leading health experts in behaviour change, community empowerment and knowledge management. We work with diverse communities, partners and stakeholders to deliver healthy behavioral change among the target beneficiaries. Afya Mzuri, has presence in 6 Provinces namely; Central, Copperbelt, Luapula, Lusaka, Northern and Southern. Our head office is domiciled in Lusaka, Roma, along Kasangula Road.
We are looking to recruit a highly experienced and mature professional to take up the senior role of Finance & Administration Manager. The role involves providing leadership in implementation of financial policies, procedures and regulations in the organization ensuring that financial controls are complied with. He/She will provide leadership in development of annual budgets across projects and quarterly financial forecast.
The position will include tracking budget expenditure, ensuring there is no over or under expenditure across project budgets, controlling the accounting management, training and supervising finance teams, provide leadership in financial management of projects and accounts, preparing quarterly and annual financial reports, Tracking monthly salaries and employee benefits. The incumbent will head the financial functions of Afya Mzuri, and will be required to work in consultation with the Executive Director in his/her leadership and representation roles. He/She will be required to serve as part of the Senior Management Team.
Reports to Executive Director.
Qualifications, Minimum Skills and Experience required:
• A successful candidate must possess a Bachelor’s degree in financial accounting, ACCA Level III, CIMA or accountancy related field from a reputable institution.
• He/she must have at least 5 years’ professional experience in finance, of which 3 years’ must be in a senior/supervisory position.
• He/She must have vast experience in annual budget development and tracking of expenditure.
• He/she should have immersed experience in preparation of monthly banking reconciliation reports.
• He/She should have experience in preparations of statutory obligations to ensure high level of compliance.
• He/she must also be able to multi-task, meet deadlines and work independently and as part of a team, even under stressful conditions.
• He/she must have previous experience in a non-governmental organisation and working with USAID funding and other multiple donors.
• He/she must have skills in QuickBooks, Pastel, Dove payroll, leadership, managerial and good communication.
• He/She must be a registered member of accounting body such as ZICA etc.
• Must be trustworthy, works in a collaborative way, ability to work in multi-professional and multi-cultural environment and ability to coach and mentor staff.
• High levels of computer literacy.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Applicants should submit a covering letter detailing how their skills, qualifications and experience match the minimum requirements outlined above, together with a CV (maximum 4 pages) and the full contact details of at least 3 traceable professional referees, one of which should include current employer, where applicable. Applicants are also requested to provide details of their current or most recent salary and remuneration package.
The closing date for applications is Tuesday 10th January 2023 at 17:00 hrs (Local time). Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please submit applications, quoting Ref: FAM, to the Executive Director, Afya Mzuri, Plot 441a/361 Kasangula Road, Roma Manchinchi Road, P.O. Box 51232, Lusaka using E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org (ONLY Applications through the provided email address will be accepted).
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.