Finance and Administration Manager
Jobs at:Common Wellbeing
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, November 17 2023
Date Posted: Saturday, November 04 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Finance & Administration Manager plays a crucial role in steering Common Wellbeing’s financial health and administrative operations. They are responsible for developing and overseeing budgets, ensuring accurate financial reporting, and managing funds in compliance with regulations. This role also entails controlling expenditures, mitigating risks, and aligning financial strategies with the organization’s mission. Additionally, they handle payroll, human resources, and office logistics. By maintaining stringent internal controls and ensuring statutory compliance, this position safeguards the organization’s assets and guarantees prudent use of resources, contributing significantly to the NGO’s stability and growth.
Financial Planning and Budgeting:
• Develop, analyze, and present annual and multi-year budgets in alignment with Common Wellbeing’s strategic priorities, ensuring optimal allocation.
• Collaborate with programs team to forecast financial needs, assess potential risks, and integrate cost-effective strategies for key programs.
• Oversee and ensure timely and accurate financial reporting, monitoring expenditure against budgets, and recommend corrective actions as necessary.
• Evaluate the financial aspects of potential partnerships and new initiatives, ensuring alignment with the organization’s mission and financial sustainability.
• Work closely with management to ensure funding is secured, effectively utilized, and is in compliance with donor requirements and local financial regulations.
Reporting and Budgetary Control:
• Prepare, analyze, and present monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports to senior management, ensuring accuracy and compliance with internal and external standards.
• Oversee the creation and management of the annual budget, aligning with Common Wellbeing’s strategic objectives and monitoring the utilization of funds against project goals.
• Collaborate with project leads to forecast financial needs, ensuring alignment with community health and sustainable livelihood initiatives.
• Review and recommend cost-saving measures, promoting sustainable and cost-effective financial practices in line with the organization’s mission.
• Ensure timely and accurate submission of financial reports to government agencies, donors, and partners, fostering trust and transparency.
• Oversee the accurate recording and documentation of all daily financial transactions to ensure transparency and compliance with financial regulations.
• Manage and process all organizational payments and disbursements in a timely and efficient manner.
• Maintain and reconcile petty cash, ensuring proper handling, documentation, and disbursement of funds.
• Handle online banking activities, including transfers, payments, and monitoring of accounts to ensure funds’ security.
• Manage and optimize the accounting system, ensuring it remains up-to-date, efficient, and compliant with the latest financial regulations and organizational needs.
Internal Controls, Risk Management and Statutory Compliance
• Implement and maintain robust financial internal controls to ensure prudent and efficient use of resources, aligned with the NGO’s mission and values.
• Oversee risk assessments and develop risk management strategies to mitigate potential financial and operational threats to the organization.
• Ensure full compliance with local Zambian statutory and regulatory financial requirements, submitting required reports and documentation on time (ex. ZRA, NHIMA, NAPSA, NGO annual reports).
• Collaborate with the Executive Director and other stakeholders to periodically review and update organizational policies related to finance, administration, and compliance.
• Coordinate with internal and external auditors for timely audits, implementing recommendations to strengthen the financial and administrative processes.
Funding and Grants Management:
• Oversee and manage the financial aspects of grants, ensuring compliance with donor requirements and efficient utilization of funds for project initiatives.
• Collaborate with program teams to develop budgets for new proposals, and monitor expenditure against approved budgets for ongoing projects.
• Regularly liaise with donors, partners, and internal teams to provide financial updates, reports, and ensure transparency in funding allocation and utilization.
Payroll and Human Resources
• Oversee the timely and accurate processing of monthly payroll, ensuring compliance with local Zambian labor laws and organizational policies.
• Manage all aspects of employee records, benefits, and compensation packages, aligning with Common Wellbeing’s mission and values.
• Coordinate closely with department heads to facilitate recruitment, training, and performance evaluations, promoting an environment of empowerment and equity.
• Lead financial capacity-building efforts by developing and implementing training modules for staff and local partners to ensure efficient management of funds and compliance with NGO and donor standards.
• Oversee IT infrastructure, ensuring that all systems are functional, secure, and updated to support the organization’s operations and information needs.
• Manage office logistics, including the maintenance of office facilities, equipment, and ensuring a conducive work environment for all staff members.
• Ensure that all organization vehicles are compliant with local regulations and are regularly maintained, keeping them in optimal condition for fieldwork and other operational needs.
Experience and Technical Skills
· Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or a related field; Master’s preferred
· Full Professional accounting qualifications and a member of an internationally recognized professional accounting body such as, ZICA, ACCA, CIMA etc.
· Minimum of 5 years post qualification experience within the NGO sector, of which at least 3 years must be at middle management level.
· Experience in monitoring budgets, cash flow management and systems development.
· Demonstrated sound and in-depth knowledge of Financial Accounting, Management Accounting, Financial Management, Zambia regulations and compliance standards for NGOs.
· Understanding of Human Resource best practices, policies, and procedures.
· Experience using accounting packages preferably Quickbooks
· Excellent knowledge of Excel
· People management experience desirable.
Abilities and Skills
· Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills, with meticulous attention to detail.
· Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, in English. Knowledge of local languages is a significant advantage.
· Strong initiative, with a willingness to take on new responsibilities and challenges.
· Able to plan, prioritize and organize self and others and ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
· Proven experience in stakeholder engagement, particularly within the financial context.
· Familiarity with the challenges and operations of NGOs in rural and vulnerable communities.
· Demonstrated ability in the use of financial software and tools.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• To express your interest in joining our team at Common Wellbeing, please submit the following documents:
• A cover letter, detailing your motivation and explaining specifically why you want to work for Common Wellbeing.
• Your current CV or resume.
• All applications should be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We appreciate your interest and look forward to reviewing your application.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.