Finance and Administration Manager
Jobs at:Finance and Administration Manager
Deadline of this Job:
Tuesday, November 14 2023
Date Posted: Wednesday, November 01 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• The Finance and Administration Manager is part of the KAZA Secretariat’s Senior Management Team, responsible for providing strategic leadership in in the following areas: finance, business planning and budgeting, human resources, administration, and information technology (IT). The position is key to strategic decision making, accountability functions, as well as risk management as KAZA Secretariat continues to enhance its programming and effective implementation supported by an integrated finance and human resources, technology, and administration system. The Finance and Administration Manager reports to the Executive Director
Major duties and responsibilities Financial Management
• Oversee all finance and accounting functions of the KAZA TFCA including budgeting; asset management; cash flow management; payroll; management reporting; financial, variance, and accounts analyses are in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles, financial policies, and procedures of KAZA TFCA and development partners, and all other applicable laws, rules, and guidelines tenable in the KAZA TFCA Partner States.
• Accountable for the production, analysis, and presentation of financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicating scheduled financial statements; collating financial reporting materials for all operational and donor segments; and oversee all financial, project/program and grants accounting.
• Ensure internal financial procedures are compatible with applicable laws in the Partner States.
• Lead and coordinate, the annual and projects/donor audit processes, liaising with external auditors and KAZA Partner State finance experts and structures as required and appropriate; assess any changes necessary.
• Lead and coordinate the annual budgeting and planning process as well as manage organisational cashflow and forecasting in conjunction with project leads, Senior Management and review all financial plans and budgets; monitor progress and changes; and keep senior management abreast of the organization’s financial status at all times.
• Implement a robust contracts management and financial management/ reporting system; ensure that the contract billing and collection schedule is adhered to, and that financial data and cash flow are steady and support operational requirements.
• Update and implement all necessary organisational policies and accounting practices; improve the finance department’s overall policy and procedure manual.
• Effectively communicate and present the critical financial matters to KAZA Secretariat senior management and the KAZA Partner States as and where required through the Directors of Wildlife and the KAZA Structures i.e., Joint Management Committee, Committee of Senior Officials, and KAZA Ministerial Committee. Human Resources, Technology and Administration
• Overall responsibility for all aspects of human resource management inter alia recruitment, induction, development, and termination, in consultation with the Executive Director and in accordance with the KAZA Secretariat human resources policies and labour laws tenable in the KAZA Partner States.
• Coordinate performance management and facilitate the process of setting benefit and compensation packages.
• Supervise management of contracts and support the Executive Director in negotiating support from various development partners.
• Assist in the development of medium to long term organisational goals and objectives as well as policies and procedures for the KAZA Secretariat’s operations.
• Ensure administrative procedures are compatible with applicable laws in the KAZA Partner States.
• Ensure that procurement and administration policies and procedures are adhered to and are compatible with the criteria of development partners.
• Further develop KAZA Secretariat’s human resources, administration, and procurement policies and processes, enhancing professional development, compensation and benefits, performance evaluation, training, and recruiting.
• Ensure that recruiting processes are legally compliant, consistent, and streamlined.
• Establish and manage a comprehensive training program to educate employees regarding staff tools, policies, and procedures.
• Work closely and transparently with all external partners including third-party vendors and consultants.
• Oversee administrative functions as well as facilities to ensure efficient and consistent operations as the organization scales.
• Minimum of an Accounting Degree, ideally with an MBA/ACCA or related degree.
• Computer literacy, with hands-on use of a variety of accounting packages is a prerequisite.
• Valid SADC drivers’ licence
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months:
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.