Finance and Administration Manager
Jobs at:Self Help Africa
Deadline of this Job:
25 March 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, March 15, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job Title: Finance and Administration Manager
Organisation: Self Help Africa
Reports to: Regional Finance Officer
Reporting to and working closely with the Regional Finance Officer. The role will provide oversight and leadership to the efficient and effective running of finance and administration function of the Country Office (CO). This includes responsibilities within key financial recording, reporting processes, functional supervision and capacity building of finance staff.
At country level, the role will liaise and provide direct support Country Management team, budget holders, procurement, auditors and partners.
1. Day to Day Financial Management
• Monitor and review recording of transactions to accounting ledgers to ensure timely recording (daily, weekly, monthly) and that postings are accurate and adhere to internal controls.
• Ensure adherence by country office departments to cut off timelines for receipt of payment requests for processing.
• Review of payment supporting documentation ensuring amounts are in line with agreed budgets, internal control protocols and donor requirements are adhered to and timely payments are made to suppliers, partners and beneficiaries
• Management of overhead (HR and operations) allocations in line to internal policy and donor requirement
• Specifically in relation month end oversee the completion of tasks supporting month-end and quarter end close timelines, including
o ensuring all financial transactions for the period are recorded in the accounting system, and cut-offs for finalising transaction postings are adhered to.
o an assessment that all process areas & tasks supporting the month end close activities are identified, timelines for generating reports are clear and that responsibility and accountability for task completion is clear.
2. Financial reporting
1. Oversee and support the production of key financial reporting deliverables to include;
a. Ensure all balance sheet accounts are reconciled in accordance with policies and procedures and reconciling items are properly documented and resolved in a timely manner.
2. Work in partnership with the CO finance team and wider CO teams to ensure timely and accurate preparation of reports (monthly, quarterly, annual) in the following areas
a. MONTHLY FINANCIAL REPORTING: Produce required financial reports within10 days of month end close, for approval Country Director and onward submission to Head Office (HO) Programme Finance team.
i. Anticipated results, Management accounts, Payroll reconciliation, Monthly financial report for the Zambia Country Director, Funds on Hand request, and financial project reports eg WFP monthly reports
b. Work in conjunction with HO on feedback and coordinating follows ups at country office level.
c. QUARTERLY FINANCIAL REPORTING: Preparation of required financial reports within 12days of quarter end close for approval by Country Director and onward submission to HO Programme Finance team. Work in conjunction with HO on feedback and coordinating follows ups at country office level.
i. Anticipated results, management accounts, fixed assets schedule, Country Risk Register, Payroll reconciliation, quarterly donor reports and Insurance report.
• Oversee the preparation of and perform review of accuracy and completeness of financial reports to donors in line with deadlines. Submit all donor reports intime for review and approval to HO Programme Finance team
• Ensure all statutory returns and payments are made on time as per country laws.
• Ensure all annual returns are made on time with PACRA and RNGO.
• Carry out regular monitoring and internal audit visits to partners.
• Capacity building for all our partners
• Review and approve partner reports and claims
3. Cashflow management and reporting
Preparation of cash on hand /request schedule for submission to HO Programme Finance Team for processing.
• Preparation of year end accounts for external audit, preparation of audit schedules for organisational audits, ensure audit file is complete, accounts are fully reconciled, and all supporting documentations are available
• 4.2 Donor
• Oversee donor audits
• Resolve the audit outstanding findings from donors and internal auditors
• 5.Internal Control
• Establish accountability for balance sheet reconciliations and ensure they are carried out to required standards and monitor adherence
• Make sure internal control templates are available
• Recommend any improvements to existing templates
• Build awareness of and adherence to procurement and payment procedures and protocols (by Finance and Programme staff).
• Build awareness of and consistent use of chart of account codes (by Finance and Programme staff).
• Together with HO, strengthen internal control and accountability of financial procedures and systems.
• 6.Staff Supervision
• Functional supervision and capacity building of the Country Program Finance Department.
• 7.Budgeting process
• Lead the process for preparation of annual country office and programme budgets
• Lead the process of development of the proposal budgets for new projects
• Build capacity for programmes team in budget development
• It is expected that you will:
• Carry out these accountabilities within the operating and process frameworks that apply to the whole Self Help Africa organisation,
• Work together with all key stakeholders: line and functional to ensure organisational objectives, mission and vision are met,
• Exemplify the Self Help Africa Standards of Integrity, Purpose & Values.
• Required Relevant Experience:
• Full ACCA, CIMA, ZICA Chartered Accountancy or equivalent qualification ,
• At least 5 years’ experience working at Managerial level with NGOs in development works,
• Experience in the use accounting packages such as quick books, pastel or PS Financials,
• Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel etc.).
• Valid driving licence
This Job Description only serves as a guide and SHA reserves the right to make necessary changes.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Please upload a completed Application Form, CV and cover letter outlining your suitability for the role through the portal here. Closing date for applications is 26th March 2022.
Please note that Self Help Africa advocates for equal opportunity and does not require applicants to pay any fee at whatever stage of the recruitment and selection process. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Self Help Africa is committed to the highest possible standards of openness, transparency, and accountability in all its affairs and is completely against fraud, bribery, and corruption. All employees are bound by code of conduct, child protection and conflict of interest policies.
Any candidate offered a job with Self Help Africa will be expected to sign Self Help Africa’s Safeguarding Policies and Code of Conduct as an appendix to their contract of employment and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these documents.
All applicants are encouraged to read through the following safeguarding policies as you make your applications:
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.