Finance and Administration Manager
Jobs at:World Vision
Deadline of this Job:
05 May 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, April 26, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
To work closely with the Team Lead and management team to maintain oversight on financial planning and decision making to produce quality management reports; and play an active role in internal and external audits. Provide day-to-day supervision and management of the Project Finance and Administration with a view to ensuring financial stewardship, accountability, reliability and accuracy of financial reporting and information. Ensure that accurate financial reports are done in a timely manner and presented to relevant parties. Lead budgeting and budget tracking processes to ensure expenditure is within the allowable donor restrictions. Coordinate financial operations of the Project consortium by ensuring implementation of donor and generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) requirements in order to promote stewardship of resources. Provide training and guidance to both Finance, Administration and operational staff in European Union (EU) grant management regulations to ensure compliance with the Grant requirements. Ensure the project abides by all financial standards and procedures of the donor and World Vision. Communicate World Vision's Christian ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others
Grant Management & Budgeting
• Review and update of proposal budgets and project risks as required
• Review of donor (EU) reports for compliance with signed MoUs and donor agreements
• Develop, review and recommend for approval, the Donor Management Tracking frameworks/tools for accuracy and control.
• Monitor the financial performance of the grant with respect to the activities, deliverables, and milestones agreed upon in the funding proposal, working closely with the Team leader
• Oversee and enforce the system for the procurement of all goods and services including having in place an accurate and updated procurement plan in line with the approved budget and as per donor guidelines
• Ensure timely review of financial requests, transactions and payments to sub grantees/partners.
• Attend to donor queries and concerns on financial issues
• Consolidate and prepare timely accurate financial donor reports in line with EU guidelines and WV policies and procedures
• Provide technical support to partners and staff implementing the EU funded project in project fundraising and donor fund management in line with donor guidelines and WV policies and procedures
• Coordinate the Management of Project related documents, maintain project records and provide status updates to donors when required
•Review the Prevent Sexual Gender Based Violence (SGBV) Project strategy identifying the annual strategic financial implications and develop a broad budgeting, planning agenda for implementation with the finance and program staff
• Review various financial budgeting and reporting
documents to ensure the standards and procedures approved are submitted to relevant donors/partners and stakeholders
• Check and ensure appropriate levels of resource availability to Co-Applicants implementing the Prevent Sexual Gender Based Violence (SGBV)
Projects Financial Management & Reporting
• Provide timely financial management advisory to management team for decision making purposes
• Develop and institute a process to create and review budget vs. actual reports with key staff on a monthly basis and update projections based on those meetings.
• Lead consistent monthly budget vs. actual meetings with key project staff to inform them of their budget performance
• Prepare monthly financial report package to WV for review and approval by WVZ management team
• Ensure that reports are complete, accurate and submitted within the reporting EU deadlines
• Ensure that Partners reports are received timely and consolidated in the financial reports
• Ensure funding requests and cash projections are submitted to National Office timely to ensure there is no delay in implementation of grant activities
• Review and approve payment requests and other financial transactions for completeness of documentation, accuracy and compliance with WVI financial regulations and EU financial policies
• Review monthly balance sheet account reconciliations and ensure receivables are promptly recovered and payables cleared in a timely manner
• Review financial processes and procedures on a regular basis
• Prepare accurate and timely financial reports for donors as required
Financial Control & Risk Management
• Implement annual internal and external audit recommendations
• Build capacity among your team to strengthen supervision by finance Work with management to build a culture of values and transparency in finance. Oversee adherence to WV’s financial policies and procedures, and continuously improve systems to mitigate risks
• Oversee management and control of fixed assets, equipment and supplies
• Monitor and conduct monthly spot checks to ensure a strong control environment
• Conduct financial review of Subgrantees to ensure compliance with donors’ rules and regulations and WV policies.
• Provide guidance and develop new tools and systems to strengthen financial controls and risk management
• Assist auditors by facilitating audits including project audits and review audit reports.
• Prepare audit responses to be reviewed by Senior Program Manager and Team Leader
• Ensure quality assurance on Procurement for assets and supplies to obtain value for money on its purchases
People Management & Administration
• Provide training, mentorship and coaching to the finance team and other staff as per identified gaps from the performance agreement/reviews
• Support the implementation of finance staff learning and development initiatives aligned to performance agreements/reviews
• Ensure that finance and Administration objectives are accomplished appropriately and in a timely manner
• Liaise with the project leadership and partners to ensure the partners are adequately reviewed and attend to any Grant management training needs at both the region and National level
• Conduct Grant management trainings for all staff working on the grant to ensure compliance at all levels
• Support the implementation of recruitment, induction and orientation of new staff on the relevant policies and procedures
• Uphold WV Christian ethos and identity as well as ensure team members participate in devotion for their edification and nurture
• Perform other duties may be required from time to time.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
List education, knowledge & skills, licenses preferred, and all experiences required to perform this position in a fully competent manner.
Minimum education, training and experience requirements to qualify for the position:
List academic requirements (if applicable), technical skills, or other knowledge required as a minimum qualification for this position.
• Preferably Master’s degree in Business Administration/Accounting/Economics/Project Management or its equivalent
• Bachelor’s degree in business related field (Commerce, Accounting, Finance, Arts) or other relevant field.
• Full accounting professional qualification - Chartered/Certified Accountant (CIMA, CPA, ACCA) or other comparable/equivalent qualification
• Grants certification is added advantage
• A minimum of three years’ experience in a busy international, multicultural Non-Government Organization and handling donor funds.
• Experience handling grants (EU, USAID, DFID and/or any other funding source)
• Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
• Must be able to promote and participate/lead in uplifting WV Christian Ethos and identity
Applicant Types Accepted: Local Applicants Only
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.