Vacancy title: Finance and Administration Officer[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Professional Services , Category: Accounting & Finance ]
Jobs at:Project Concern Zambia
Deadline of this Job:
Thursday, April 27 2023
Date Posted:Thursday, April 27 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
About Project Concern Zambia (PCZ)
Project Concern Zambia (PCZ) was registered in 2019 as a local Zambian independent organization. The formation of PCZ was a culmination of an intentional process by Project Concern International (an American International NGO that operated in Zambia for over 20 years between 1996 and 2020) to transition the management of its HIV/AIDS and related health programs in Zambia, once mature, to an independent locally registered entity that is governed and managed by Zambians. PCZ work focuses on contributing to the achievement and sustenance of HIV epidemic control and addressing the upstream vulnerabilities that impede progress towards this achievement such as poverty, gender inequity, and addressing emerging epidemics that might further hinder progress such as COVID-19. PCZ collaborates with grassroot community-led organizations and the local government, to reach targeted sub populations such as Children/Adolescents Living with HIV (C/ALHIV) or at elevated risk of HIV acquisition, children/adolescents who are survivors of sexual violence, children of Female Sex Workers (FSW), and female caregivers of all the targeted vulnerable children and adolescents.
PCZ seeks to recruit a Finance and Administration Officer to be based in Southern Province.
PCZ is currently implementing the five-year (October 2020-September 2025) Empowered Children and Adolescents Program II (ECAP II) funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) with support from the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR). PCZ, as the prime partner, leads the implementation of the USAID ECAP II project in 16 districts in Central and Southern Provinces of Zambia. The goal of the program is to improve the resilience and health outcomes among VCA via a sustained, locally led VCA comprehensive case management service delivery system to ensure VCA are healthy, safe, schooled, and stable…and ultimately ensure epidemic control and sustenance.
The Finance and Administration Assistant is responsible for day to day logistics support, working in liaison with Procurement, Finance, Fleet, IT and Administration. Works cooperatively with all team members to support the achievement of work plan activities designed to achieve identified goals and organizational objectives.
• Processes financial transactions such as payments to staff and vendors and check for accuracy, completeness and correctness.
• Conducts all banking transactions.
• Processes all travel and project advances for staff in a timely manner.
• Ensures staff at the office adheres to the travel policy and retire travel advances timely.
• Ensures that all financial records are properly kept using chronological filing of transaction vouchers and supporting documents for ease of storage and retrieval.
• Maintains Petty Cash float and ensures proper documentation.
• Provides Support to the Finance team in all other financial matters.
• Assists in the provision of audit information during audits.
• Monitors and analyzes utility bills at the office and prepares a month by month analysis.
• Responsible for office management and supervision of general office duties including hygiene maintenance and office security in coordination with the Finance and Administration Manager (FAM)
• Coordinate and supervise the implementation of the PCZ COVID-19 prevention and control policy
• Responsible for general maintenance of the office
• Organize and supervise activities of the office such as events, travel, conferences, office and program meetings and retreats
• Responsible for the calendar and other organizational duties, such as travel arrangements for the Executive Director
• Assist program personnel, the Executive Director and the Finance and Operations Director to document meeting notes in a structured report format
• Manages the maintenance and repair of all office equipment (e.g. printers and copiers).
• Ensures that safety and security procedures are implemented and adhered to by members of staff and visiting staff from the international affiliate partner.
• Maintains a proper and user-friendly filing and document control system for recording and tracking of all project documents.
• Assists with travel arrangements for staff.
• Maintains and updates the asset register, tracking asset movements and updating individual staff asset records.
• Ensures lease agreements and vendor contracts are updated and filed.
• Preparing plans for the purchase of equipment, services, and supplies.
• Following and enforcing the company’s procurement policies and procedures.
• Reviewing, comparing, analyzing, and approving products and services to be purchased.
• Managing inventories and maintaining accurate purchase and pricing records.
• Maintaining and updating supplier information such as qualifications, delivery times, product ranges, etc.
• Maintaining good supplier relations and negotiating contracts.
• Researching and evaluating prospective suppliers.
• Coordinate and facilitate the procurement requirements of the program office based on the procurement policy guidelines.
• Pre-qualification of suppliers as provided in the procurement policy
• Compliance with procurement procedures as per Procurement Manual.
• Procurement committee constitution and TORs
• Creating purchase orders, ensuring relevant procurement procedures have been applied and all supporting documentation is attached
• Ensuring that invoices received reconcile to purchase orders and created and matching receipts to purchase order
• Diploma in Business Administration/Accounting or related, ACCA/CIMA Level two/ZICA , with not less than three years’ experience in a similar position.
• Work experience in a similar position, experience with donor funded organization will be an added advantage.
• Valid driver’s license and excellent driving record.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) and accounting packages preferably quick books.
• Strong communication skills (written and oral); customer service skills
• Ability to take initiative and ownership and follow-through on all tasks
• Ability to work congenially with volunteers, employees, management, and vendors
• Knowledge of contract law and proven negotiation skills.
• Good accounting and finance management skills.
• Proactive / Self-Starter
• Team player
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.