Finance and Administration Officer
Jobs at:Zambia Alliance of Women
Deadline of this Job:
28 January 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, January 20, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Position: Finance and Administration Officer
Location: Lusaka, Zambia.
Reports to: Executive Director
The Zambia Alliance of Women (ZAW) is a membership non-governmental, non-profit making, women’s organization registered under Zambian Laws as a Trust. Our goal is to empower women to take charge of their lives through promotion of gender equity and equality, environmental sustainability and social justice so that the right to a healthy life is enjoyed by the now and future generations. ZAW is currently seeking applications from suitably qualified and experienced females to take up the position of Finance and Administration Officer (FAO) reporting to the Executive Director
The purpose of this position is to ensure a high performing finance department through leading the day-to-day management of ZAW financial operations, accounting systems and financial procedures including the efficient preparation of financial reports for decision making by the Board, management as well as relevant stakeholders and partners.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Monitor the implementation of financial systems and procedures of ZAW in compliance to international financial standards and update as need arises.
• Initiate the preparation of budget estimates in order to secure ZAW finances and programmes
• Monitor recurrent and capital expenditure to ensure adherence to budgets and financial regulations
• Establish and supervise all work practices of finance and administration staff
• Asset management and Accountability
• Provide input to organizational strategy and develop financial strategic plans and budgets
• Preparation of annual, quarterly and monthly financial forecasts, reports and statements.
• Ensure compliance with statutory obligations and recognized accounting standards and ZAW policies and procedures.
• Provide financial and accounting expertise to ZAW
• Monitor annual budget performance across all the funding partners
• Ensure sound financial management and statutory compliance
• Ensure timely preparations of financial reports.
• Provide human resources/staff administration expertise to ZAW
Required Attributes, Experience and Qualifications
• ACCA, CIMA, CA Zambia/ZICA or Degree in Accountancy
• A current member of ZICA
• Minimum of three (3) years financial management experience with ability to make professional decisions in financial accounting and reporting.
• Ability to work with minimum supervision
• Proven experience of working with donor funded organizations for not less than two years.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.