Vacancy title: Finance and Administration Team Lead[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Health Care , Category: Accounting & Finance ]
Jobs at:Centre for Infectious Disease Research in Zambia (CIDRZ)
Deadline of this Job:
Wednesday, May 17 2023
Date Posted: Friday, May 12 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The incumbent is responsible for providing administrative support and oversight to a USG funded cooperative agreement to support the Zambia Defence Force Medical Services (DFMS), focused on HIV prevention, and ensure smooth implementation and coordination of work efforts by project teams. The incumbent will provide administrative support throughout the four-year project in line with donor and organizational regulations.
• Leads and coordinates budget and budget narrative development for the projects (either revisions or new submissions) in collaboration with the CFO, finance dept, and program heads.
• Coordinates the development and review of programme work plans
• Reviews, tracks and ensures responsiveness to all grant agreement awards and proactively engage with donor Grants Management officers.
• Works with Finance and Audit departments to disseminate core USG Financial guidelines to key Program staff through organized trainings on the USG Financial guidelines, Program’s Notice of Award (NOA) as well as the CIDRZ financial regulations and guidelines to ensure compliance.
• Assists program staff to use appropriate project management tools to plan, review and track progress on project implementation as well as on the utilization of project resources.
• Monitors the spending of the program budget categories by the spending units to ensure budget compliance.
• Supervises and directs the admin program assistants and coordinators in their duties
• In conjunction with Finance department, prepares the Annual Expenditure Analysis report for the donor
• Monitors projects burn rates closely with the project team leads to ensure that spending in the projects is consistent with the budgets and timelines.
• Ensures programme budget is updated to reflect necessary changes and adjustments,
• Reviews and communicates program goals, objectives, and activities clearly and consistently to the program teams in line with the Country Operating
• Plans (COP) and direct their efforts towards the program goals
• Leads and directs Quarterly Program Operations meetings with all implementing teams.
• Prepares program supporting and reporting documents as required by Program funders periodically.
• Coordinates overall programmatic activities with all Team Leads to ensure consistency in Program implementation and program reporting.
• Participates in monthly reporting and other meetings with the funder, as well as any other meetings with MOH, Zambia DFMS or other stakeholders as requested.
• Develops collaborative relationships with other implementing partners/stakeholders and work with the donor to identify areas for increased coordination.
• A Master’s Degree in Public Health, Business Administration, Project Management or other relevant field
• At least 7 years’ experience managing large health development and/or clinical research programs
• Advanced EXCEL and budgeting skills
• Experience with international donor projects preferred
• Effective Leadership Skills and ability to prioritise and multi-task
Suitably qualified candidates are invited to apply. However, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 84
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.