Finance and Administrative Assistant
Jobs at:Ashford Academy
Deadline of this Job:
Tuesday, April 25 2023
Date Posted:Tuesday, April 25 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Ashford Academy is a member of the Rhodes Park Schools Group, the leading private education provider in Zambia. Ashford Academy is a co-educational boarding and day school that commenced operations in January 2022, starting with Grades Eight, Ten, and Eleven classes.
Founded on solid values, Ashford Academy is focused on empowering learners with a desire for lifelong learning that thoroughly develops them into skilled problem solvers, confident collaborators, responsible citizens, and critical thinkers motivated to excel in a changing and uncertain global economy.
Setup on a 30-hectare estate, ideal for an engaging extra-curricular offering, Ashford Academy offers learners a flexible and balanced curriculum that provides them with options in the National pathway (Zambia Basic Education Course) and the International pathway through Cambridge IGCSE.
As an equal opportunity employer, Ashford Academy requires the services of a suitably qualified individual who is well-motivated and results-driven to be appointed in the position of Finance and Administrative Assistant.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
1. Processing of petty cash and other cash payment vouchers with applicable support documents.
2. Accurate collection and timely receipting of income
3. Reconcile day’s collections, including POS transactions cash-up tally, and accurately record day’s summary collections
4. Safeguard company liquid assets, including cash and cheques
5. participate in the process of Termly Billing of customer accounts and the tasks around it.
6. retirement of petty cash summary schedules for replenishment, using the designated document and format adherence to internal control systems in the Accounts office
1. Update information on new products, purchase prices, market conditions, and trends to improve our procurement.
2. Assist in procurement of school essentials
3. Assist in Asset Management of the school property and buildings
4. Participate in the planning and execution of primary functional requirements of administrative office as a support unit to Company operations.
5. Understand the school calendar to ensure school programmes requiring the support of the Admin Office are identified and worked on
6. Ensure compliance with legislation and regulatory requirements for health, safety and performance of work.
7. Ensures effective and efficient execution of the projects whenever assigned to you, and provide efficient administrative support to such projects
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE & PERSONAL COMPETENCIES:
1. Full Grade 12 certificate with 5 Credit or better;
2. A minimum qualification of a Diploma in Accountancy
3. One (1) year of experience will be added advantage
4. Member of ZICA
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 12
Level of Education: High School
Job application procedure
If you are interested in filling any of the above vacancies and believe you meet the specified terms, forward your Cover Letter, CV, NRC and certified copies of professional qualifications to email@example.com and clearly state the position you are applying for in the subject of your email.
Please note that applications that will not conform to the above specifications will not be considered
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.