Finance and Administrative Officer
Jobs at:International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN)
Deadline of this Job:
11 February 2022
Date Posted: Friday, February 04, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Finance and Administrative Officer
Vacancy #: 5895
Unit: TRAFFIC East Africa
Organisation: TRAFFIC International (TRAFFIC)
Location: TRAFFIC - East Africa, Arusha, United Republic of Tanzania
Reporting to: East Africa Office Support Manager
Work percentage: 100%
Expected start date: 01 March 2022
Type of contract: Fixed-term (12 months with possibility of renewal)
Closing date: 11 February 2022
TRAFFIC, the wildlife trade specialists, in alliance with WWF (World Wide Fund for Nature) is seeking a detailed-oriented Finance and Administrative Officer to work in TRAFFIC’s office in Arusha.
TRAFFIC, the wildlife trade monitoring network, works to ensure that trade in wild animals and plants is not a threat to the conservation of nature. It actively monitors and investigates wildlife trade and provides information to diverse audiences worldwide as a basis for effective conservation policies and programmes. The East Africa office of TRAFFIC has staff in Arusha, with activities in Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda and Ethiopia.
This position will work closely with TRAFFIC’s East Africa Office Support Manager to ensure smooth operation of all finance matters in the regional office of TRAFFIC East Africa.
• Checks travel advances, travel claims, settlement of advances and process journals.
• Ensures that all payment requests are processed accurately and in a timely manner;
• Assists in the analysis of financial reporting, performance of projects and ensuring that sound financial control procedures are in place, in line with donor requirements;
• Enters data into TRAFFIC’s accounting system;
• Assists with year-end and audit preparation;
• Supports the programme team with organization and delivery of events;
• Prepares statutory returns for review and payment (e.g., withholding tax, VAT and liaise with WWF on VAT refunds);
• Ensures that all financial records and files (e.g., supporting documents for expenditures, contracts, purchase orders, fixed asset inventory) in the office are well organized, maintained and updated;
• Ensures all assets are appropriately insured;
• •Ensures that all procurement procedures are in accordance with the Internal Control System; and,
• Carries out any other financial as assigned by the Director and Support Manager
Bachelor’s Degree or Advance Diploma in Finance, Accounting, or Business Administration
Minimum of three years working experience in a similar role in the NGO/development sector;
Experience in working with accounting software will be an advantage. Exposure to/ familiarity with SAGE/ ACCPAC will be a distinct advantage;
A good understanding of accounting principles; and ability to perform project administration duties.
Holding accounting certification such as CPA-T / ACCA/CIMA will be an added advantage
High proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Fluency in written and spoken English is essential;
Highly motivated and results-oriented individual and able to work independently;
Excellent interpersonal skills and a strong team player with proven communication and diplomacy with the ability to work effectively with multicultural and multidisciplinary teams
Highly organized with the ability to prioritize and deliver assignments as required and ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines; and
Able to travel within and outside Tanzania when required.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.