Finance and Administrative Officer
Jobs at:Miracle Corners Zambia
Deadline of this Job:
26 August 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, August 17, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• The Finance and Administration Officer reports to the MCZ Country Manager and is the organization’s lead overseeing all aspects of budgeting, financial management, and reporting, coordinating procurement, human resources management, asset management, logistics, administrative management for the projects, oversight of financial and administrative support staff, and establishment of the systems, procedures, and training of staff required to ensure compliance with grant and donor requirements and organization’s policies and systems.
Finance and Administration
• Manage the day-to-day running of the financial, administrative, and operations activities including overseeing systems for providing financial, administrative, and operational support to staff at all levels;
• Lead in the design, implementation, and maintain effective office controls;
• Provide recording, documenting, and reporting of all financial transactions, including the preparation of monthly financial expense reports, cash, and bank reconciliation statements, tracking of advances and liquidations, and review of monthly payroll; Prepare financial reports.
• Perform routine financial analysis on program expenditures, documenting and monitoring overall performance, analyzing trends, and identifying gaps to ensure efficient and sound financial management.
• Liaise with officials and external auditors to ensure the appropriate audits are conducted and appropriate recommendations followed up and closed.
• Provide training to field staff on project procedures, including building the capacity of project staff in the area of finance, administration, and project management;
• Assist in overseeing the preparation of monthly pay sheets, and payroll, including computation of income tax and pension contributions, and other fringe benefits;
• Monitor effective maintenance of up-to-date personnel records.
Operations and management
• Coordinate procurement efforts of the projects including logistics for projects activities, including selection and negotiation with vendors, and the management of any subcontractors on the project;
• Coordinate weekly and monthly requests of funds, based on budget and cash flow projections, to ensure the program has all the necessary funds for its operations.
• Review purchase orders and confer with the MCZ Country Manager for approval, prior to issuance of the purchase orders for program procurement of commercial goods and services within agreed-upon thresholds.
• Review purchase requisitions and purchase orders, ensuring adequate funds, expense authorization, supporting documentation, the accuracy of amounts, and control over payments;
• Ensuring the organization registration is up to date with the relevant authorities and ensuring the training center has functional operating policies and operational systems in place;
• Promote compliance with procurement and field accounting policies and procedures, including adherence to grant and donor rules and regulations;
• Manage procedures and staff developing project inventory and property lists, ensuring their accuracy and timely reviews and updates;
• Other duties as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, ZICA Licentiate, Full ACCA or equivalent;
• Minimum of three years of relevant work experience;
• Experience managing donor-funded subcontractors and procurement.
• Ability to work and travel to multi-cultural environments and build effective working relationships with clients, subcontractors, partners, and colleagues;
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while remaining flexible;
• Strong attention to detail and strong organizational skills required;
• Excellent oral and written communication, analytical, interpersonal, and team management skills;
• Experience with Google Drive, Microsoft Word and Excel, and excellent budgeting skills, financial management, and risk management required;
• Advanced language proficiency in English required;
• Experience in bookkeeping and QuickBooks.
• The organization is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We strive to develop and maintain a culture that honors the perspectives and identities of our, employees, our communities, and those impacted by our work.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• Interested candidates should send their application letter and curriculum vitae (Less than 4 pages) with three contactable referees no later than noon 26 August 2022. Please NOTE this position is being considered on a rolling basis. Apply to email@example.com clearly indicating ‘Finance and Administration Officer’ on the subject of the email. Only candidates who will be shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.
• To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.