Finance and Administrative Officer
Jobs at:Northern Province Cooperative Marketing Union
Deadline of this Job:
05 December 2021
Date Posted: Thursday, December 02, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
As a Finance and Administration officer, you will be responsible for efficient and effective running of the ﬁnancial and administrative operations of NPCMU. This includes the efficient handling of the ﬁnancial and human resources administration in order to contribute to the organisation’s objectives. To achieve this, your attention to detail is excellent and supporting others is your second nature. You will be reporting to the Business Manager.
• Management of all the ﬁnancial resources of the organisation
• Keep track of ﬁnancial transactions of the organisation so as to ensure that money earned and spent is properly accounted for.
• Ensure that transactions are recorded in the correct General ledger books to ease reporting and monitoring and control.
• Keep full accurate accounts of all receipts and payment in the books of the organisation
• Make such payments from the funds of the organisation according to the budget as may be authorised by the coordinator
• Prepare timely and accurate quarterly ﬁnancial reports Prepare ﬁnancial statements for audit
• Knowledge of accounting packages such as pastel or quick books Ensure that all units have banked their daily sales
• Ensure that the organisations funds, documents and securities are kept under safe custody.
• Good negotiation skills
• Perform any other duties as assigned by the Business Manager. Proﬁciency in Microsoft word and excel
• Undertake investment appraisal to ascertain viability of projects
• Undertake various strategies and rehearse with donor communities to acquire funds for the organisation.
• General business administration
• Minimum of grade twelve (12) certiﬁcate with ﬁve (5) O levels including mathematics and English
• Possess a diploma in accounting/ZICA Licentiate/ACCA stage two or any other professional qualiﬁcation
• Degree in accounting or business will be an added advantage Member of Zambia Institute of chartered accountants (ZICA).
• Intermediate to advanced proﬁciency in MS Office tools, mainly Microsoft Excel. Excellent verbal and written skills, interpersonal skills, ﬂexible, culturally sensitive. Willing to take up additional assignments if needed.
• Honest and dedicated to duty
• Excellent personal and interpersonal skills
• Open mind with a supportive/service-oriented attitude.
What we have to offer
A position that requires you to be highly self-reliant and use your pioneering skills in order to operate in dynamic international markets and in close cooperation with the agricultural business sector. At Northern Province Cooperative Marketing Union, the work environment is collegial and ambitious, and the focus is on achieving impact and running a proﬁtable enterprise. As the Finance and Admin Officer, you will be working under the direct supervision of the Business Manager.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
Are you interested in this position and do you ﬁt the proﬁle? Apply by 05th December, 2021 by sending your cover letter and curriculum vitae to and email@example.com The email should be addressed to The Chairperson Northern Province Cooperative and marketing Union ltd, P.O box 410047. Kasama.
Kasama residents are strongly encouraged to apply.
Female applicants are encouraged to apply.
If you require further information, feel free to contact us by e-mail or 0978288668 or 0770967030
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.