Vacancy title: Finance and Compliance Manager[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Nonprofit, and NGO , Category: Accounting & Finance ]
Deadline of this Job:
16 November 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, November 10, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. A nonprofit international development organization founded in 1971, Pact works on the ground in nearly 40 countries to improve the lives of those who are challenged by poverty and marginalization. We serve these communities because we envision a world where everyone owns their future. To do this, we build systemic solutions in partnership with local organizations, businesses, and governments that create sustainable and resilient communities where those we serve are heard, capable, and vibrant.
Pact is a recognized global leader in international development. Our staff have a range of expertise in areas including public health, capacity development, governance and civil society, natural resource management, poverty, fragile states, monitoring and evaluation, small-scale and artisanal mining, microfinance and more. This expertise is combined in Pact’s unique integrated approach, which focuses on systemic changes needed to improve people’s lives.
Pact seeks an experienced Finance and Compliance Manager for the USAID/Leading Organizational Capacity and Localization Development (LOCAL). USAID/Zambia intends to award a $10M contract to support this mechanism. The purpose of the LOCAL Activity is to support the organizational capacity of current USAID/Zambia local implementing partners to manage, implement, and monitor programs. This is anticipated to be a five-year activity.
Reporting to the Chief of Party, the Finance and Compliance Manager will oversee all financial and operational policies and procedures for LOCAL activity and be responsible for the oversight of budgeting, monitoring, and performance of all funding streams. He / She will ensure financial systems and reports are compatible with standard accounting practices and follow Pact’s policies, USAID rules and regulations, and regulations outlined by the Government of Zambia. They will ensure that financial functions support the timely and effective implementation of the program’s technical scopes of work and ensure that resources are allocated and used in compliance with agreement requirements, applicable USAID regulations, and appropriate standards and procedures. He/she will provide capacity building, coaching, and mentoring of finance, administrative, and operations staff in-country and with local partners as applicable by developing learning activities and materials to support capacity development. This position is contingent upon award and is anticipated to be based in Lusaka.
• Accountable for efficient resource deployment, use, program accounting, financial and other related reporting, as well as ensuring compliance with USAID financial, accounting rules and regulations.
• Provide overall procurement, financial, operational, safety and security, as well as compliance support to LOCAL.
• Oversee management of sub-contracts and LOE tracking.
• Accountable for ensuring that funds expended are compliant with US government regulations and policies.
• Implement fraud mitigation practices and ensure systems and processes are implemented effectively to support implementation of the award.
• Initiate, develop, maintain, and revise policies and procedures for the general operation of the finance and programs as well as its related activities to promote cost efficiency and compliance with all rules and regulations.
• Identify potential areas of financial and compliance vulnerability and risk and develop or implement corrective action plans to resolve problematic issues.
• Ensure proper financial documentation and reporting.
• Establish and provide direction and management of project funds.
• Lead, oversee the development, management and complete life cycle of a variety of possible procurement mechanisms, including but not limited to purchase orders and sub-contracts.
• Accountable for managing the contract budget, tracking project spending and preparing financial reports for submission to USAID.
• Develop, implement, and adjust when required the LOCAL’s safety and security strategy and protocols, and serves as the point of contact for the person in charge of security at USAID for any issue related to security reports and procedures.
• Mentor and supervise finance, operations, and other staff engaged in the activities noted here.
• Graduate degree in Business Administration, Finance, or Accounting or equivalent.
• Minimum of 8 years’ progressive leadership and experience in accounting, operations, and finance management of large-scale, complex, international development assistance programs is required.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience managing diverse teams of professional staff is required.
• Minimum of 5 years of relevant USG grants and contract management experience is required.
• Registration with the Zambian Institute of Chartered Accountants (ZICA) is required.
• Demonstrable experience with management and/or administration for USAID projects, including experience managing sub-contracts and GUCs.
• Knowledge of U.S. government references including OMB Circulars (e.g., A-122), 22 CFR 226 and 22 CFR 228, ADS, FAR, AIDAR, CAS, FFATA, DSSR, and FTR.
• Demonstrated skills in problem solving and consensus building.
• Ability to travel within Zambia and occasionally internationally when health and safety concerns regarding COVID-19 diminish.
• Proficiency in relevant computer applications and databases.
• Zambian nationals or permanent residents preferred for this role.
• Experience with accounting software such as Serenic, Navigator, ERPs, ACCPAC, or others.
• Proficiency in a language (or languages) other than English.
Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, citizenship status, genetic information, matriculation, family responsibilities, personal appearance, credit information, tobacco use (except in the workplace), membership in an employee organization, or other protected classifications or non-merit factors.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 96
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To Apply: send your application letter and CV indicating the Job Title in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before the due date 16th November 2022.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.