Finance and Grants Consultant
Jobs at:John Snow Health Zambia Limited
Deadline of this Job:
11 October 2022
Date Posted: Monday, October 10, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job Title: Finance and Grants Consultant
Department/Unit: Finance & Administration
Location: Lusaka, Zambia
Duration: Three(3) Months Consultancy
Reports to: Operations Consultant
The USAID Controlling HIV Epidemic for Key and Underserved Populations (CHEKUP II) Activity is a five-year project to address the needs of people living with HIV (PLHIV) and those most at risk of acquiring HIV and contribute to HIV mitigation and epidemic control, improving the health outcomes of priority populations in the highest HIV-burden provinces of Zambia. USAID CHEKUP II is implemented by John Snow Health Zambia (JSH).
JSH seeks to engage a dynamic and experienced individual as a Finance and Grants Consultant to be based in Lusaka, Zambia. S/he will manage Project finances and work closely with the Project Leadership in the Lusaka office, as well as liaise with Project staff in district offices. This position will report to the Operations Consultant and help in achieving the project’s goals and objectives.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Setup and Oversight of all the Project’s financial databases
• Responsible for the bi-weekly management, reconciliation and reporting of staff advances.
• Review and approve advance reconciliation reports.
• Support district office staff in financial activities, expensing, projecting and reporting.
• Responsible for the review of the List Inventory of the office inventory items
• Process online payments and transfers.
• Ensures compliance with all project legal requirements, including employee taxes.
• Process monthly payroll and statutory submissions.
• Engages in financial reporting as required by the leadership
• Support with Subrecipient risk assessments or baseline assessments
• Assist the Operations Consultant to finalize all subrecipient agreements and compliance requirements
• Support the Operations Consultant to onboard, orient and train local partners
• Ensure monthly reports and support documentation are completed on a timely basis.
• Assist with continuous cost projections and on a timely basis provide cost analysis of specific activities.
• In relation to all procurement reviews, ensure all comparison charts are accurate and all support documentation is complete prior to submission for a Purchase Order.
• Ensure that all Local Purchase Orders (LPOs). are tracked, monitored and replenished from ZRA as needed.
• Review of monthly E-record documentation for payment vouchers through the e-filing system
• Ensure that all contractual payments for services and goods are tracked and monitored including timely payment to the vendor.
• Assist with the development and implementation of new/revised accounting policies procedures and internal controls.
• Maintain and monitor a system of internal controls including the preparation of internal and JSH office financial reviews and/or audits
• Implement and adhere to JSH’s personnel, finance, operations and fraud management policies.
• Travel as needed to district offices for support.
• Full ACCA /CIMA or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
• Demonstrated experience (5) years of financial experience in a USAID-funded project and knowledge of USAID rules and regulations strongly preferred.
• Excellent verbal and written English.
• Proven record of systems strengthening and internal controls.
• Ability to take initiative and work and lead teams.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel required.
• Paid member of a relevant professional body.
Supervision and Reporting:
This position will work under the guidance and supervision of the Operations Consultant.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply please complete the application form available HERE. Applicants are required to submit a cover letter and CV with three references and full addresses and contact information via the application form.
Closing Date: Tuesday, October 11, 2022,
Please note that you do not need to apply if you don’t meet the minimum requirements. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
John Snow Health Zambia, Limited is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or military status (special disabled veterans or veteran status) in any employment decisions.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.