Finance and Grants Manager
Jobs at:Musika Development Initiatives Ltd
Deadline of this Job:
Wednesday, April 19 2023
Date Posted:Wednesday, April 19 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Musika is an independent Zambian non-profit company supported by the Swedish Embassy in Lusaka to stimulate and support private sector investment in the smallholder and rural markets. Musika’s operations are national in scope and stretch across the agricultural industry, working primarily with those corporate entities in the sector that are committed to engaging the rural poor as their clients, suppliers and consumers. Musika provides its clients with high quality, commercially focused technical advice and business support to catalyse and strengthen mutually beneficial commercial relationships between the corporate and smallholder markets. Musika focuses on supporting the development of commercial relationships in which there is some form of ‘value addition’ to the transaction that give not only the opportunity but also the technical knowledge and confidence to smallholder farmers to invest in and improve their farming businesses. Musika’s approach to reducing poverty and creating wealth in rural Zambia involves stimulating the development of a supportive market environment that provides long term and sustainable opportunities for farmers to invest in their own production and to use the markets to graduate out of poverty.
In order to deliver on its’ mandate, Musika seeks to employ suitably qualified individuals for the position of FINANCE AND GRANTS MANAGER;
REPORTING TO: FINANCE DIRECTOR
1. Financial strategy and planning, monitoring, management, and reporting, including management and development of policies, systems, processes, and personnel supervision.
2. Administer the financial compliance of all grants, from review of the initial application, award through final close-out, and audit. As necessary, train, assist, advise, and monitor grant project officers with respect to financial requirements of granting agencies.
3. Assist the Finance Director in preparation of budgets.
4. Lead the preparation of internal and year-end external audits.
5. Reporting and accounting as per Project requirements including taxation, reporting and preparation of financial accounts.
6. Have knowledge of and understand all grant and non-grant forms for financial assistance to grantees.
7. Coordinate activities related to all audits of financial assistance to grantees, including both internal and external single audits. Prepare annual audit work papers.
8. Close supervision in terms of Chart of Accounts, Cost Codes, Implementation of Pastel Accounting Package, Pastel Inventory Package, Pastel Payroll Package and Posting.
9. Oversee the financial management of all grants and sub-grants in accordance with the outlined guidelines and procedures.
10. Ensure effective liaison between project staff and grant recipients and/or subcontractors; as appropriate, ensure that grant recipients and subcontractors are provided with suitable technical advice and assistance in the fields of management, including financial management and financial sustainability.
11. Contributing to strategic planning and development as a member of the Musika team, keeping and distributing reports that management team needs to know.
1. Minimum bachelor’s degree in accountancy/ finance
2. Professional accounting qualification in ACCA, CIMA or CA
3. Master’s degree will be added advantage
4. Must be a full Member of the Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants (ZICA)
5. At least 4 years’ experience in financial management of non-governmental organization
6. Working knowledge of public Zambian accounting policies and donor standards
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
Interested applicants should submit their applications and updated CV no later than 19th April 2023 addressed to;
The Head Human Resource and Administration,
Musika Development Initiatives Ltd,
Post Net No. 481, P/Bag E891,
Lusaka. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Musika is an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from all qualified applicants.
NOTE: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.