Vacancy title: Finance and Grants Officer[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Nonprofit, and NGO , Category: Finance, Insurance & Real Estate ]
Jobs at:Catholic Medical Mission Board Zambia
Deadline of this Job:
11 October 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, October 05, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The USAID/Empowered Children and Adolescent Program I (USAID/ECAP I) works to mitigate against the impact of HIV and improve the health and well-being of Vulnerable Children and Adolescents (VCA) through the delivery of high-impact, evidence-based, and age-appropriate interventions with a family-centered, customized approach for each VCA sub-population. The activity is being implemented by the Catholic Medical Mission Board Zambia (CMMB-Z) in partnership with Pact Zambia, Grassroots Soccer (GRS), and the Catholic Medical Mission Board Inc.
About the Project
CMMB Zambia has been implementing a USAID project, Empowered Children and Adolescents Program I (USAID/ECAP I) since September 30, 2020. The project will continue and is scheduled to end on September 29, 2025.
USAID/ECAP I seeks to improve the social and health outcomes of vulnerable households in the high HIV burden districts of Chingola, Kitwe, Luanshya, Ndola, and Mufulira in Copperbelt province, Solwezi district in North-Western province, Mansa and Nchelenge districts in Luapula Province and Kasama and Mbala in Northern Province.
USAID/ECAP I is inviting applications from suitably qualified individuals with relevant experience for the following position aimed at contributing to the strategic vision of the USAID/ECAP I Project.
The Finance and Grants Officer will be an integral part of the USAID ECAP I Project and will be responsible for financial and Grants management of Sub Partners. He/She will provide financial management capacity building to non-finance staff within the project and Sub Partners. The position requires close collaboration with the Field offices to ensure application and enforcing of internal controls while executing financial transactions. This position will report to the Finance & Grants Manager.
Key roles and responsibilities
• Review and process invoices registered in the financial system for appropriate and sufficient supporting documentation according to donor requirements
• Assist in preparing Monthly Financial Reports.
• Ensure timely payments , reviewing of invoices, preparation of payment
• vouchers and all accounting documents in compliance with USAID rules and regulations
• Prepare payment vouchers, making sure that supporting documents such as invoices, delivery notes are complete, attached and indicating the Account, Fund and Sub-Project Codes.
• Assist in preparation of annual audits by ensuring the filed documents are complete
• Capturing Monthly Transactions:
• Ensure daily recording of transactions into MIP accounting software.
• Ensure that all transactions in MIP and hard copy documents are uniquely numbered to facilitate future queries and audit trails.
• Ensure that the accounts codes are accurately captured in MIP accounting software
• Ensure timely and accurate capturing of travel advances, liquidations in MIP accounting software
• Support Sub Partners in Financial Reporting
• Ensure partners reports have sufficient support documentations
• Conduct quarterly field audit and Report to Senior Management
• Provide capacity building to Sub Partners
• Ensure completeness of Financial Documentation
• File all Sub Partners Reports.
• Capture of partner Reports in MIP.
Qualifications and Experience
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, ACCA II, CIMA II, ZICA or equivalent
• Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in finance, accounting or operations
• Demonstrated strong financial and organisational skills
• Attention to detail and ability to appropriately prioritise competing tasks.
• Strong written and verbal English communication skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and complex accounting software systems
• Member of ZICA a must
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
All interested candidates who meet the above criteria are encouraged to send their application letters with copies of their most recent curriculum vitaes with at least three traceable references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for receiving applications is 11th October, 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
CMMB-Z is committed to the prevention of harm, and to promote the health and wellbeing of children and vulnerable adults. All CMMB-Z Staff, partners, volunteers, beneficiaries and affiliates are expected to abide by ALL CMMB-Z safeguarding policies. CMMB-Z is an equal opportunity employer.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.