Finance and Human Resources Officer
Jobs at:Action Against Hunger
Deadline of this Job:
26 October 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, October 13, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Finance and Human Resources Officer (Zambia Nationals)
Action Against Hunger-USA is part of the Action Against Hunger International network, which provides humanitarian relief in over 40 countries worldwide in the sectors of nutrition, health, water/sanitation, and food security. Action Against Hunger-USA, an independent NGO, currently manages operations in 8 countries: Kenya, South Sudan, Haiti, Ethiopia, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia and Somalia. Action Against Hunger-USA has over $70 million in programs, and approximately 1700 staff based in in the various country offices and the three Head Quarter Locations of New York City, Washington D.C, Nairobi. Additional growth is anticipated.
Summary of position
The Finance and Human Resources Officer will be responsible for ensuring Action Against Hunger USA systems and procedures of internal controls are followed when committing financial transactions. The incumbent ensures all recorded financial transactions present accurate, true and fair status of incurred expenditure in line with donor, Action Against Hunger USA and Zambia laws. The incumbent will also be Incharge of the Human resource function, maintain record, process remunerations and process statutory deductions.
Key Activities In Your Role Will Include
• Ensure daily bank disbursements, cash payments, receipts and transfers are reviewed/effected in compliance with internal control procedures, donor provisions & statutory regulations.
• Check and review the accuracy of all supporting documents and invoices, prepare recociliations (where necessary) and final checklist before payment.
• Ensure payments are done on time and within reasonable timeline and that the supporting documents are stamped paid.
• Review of all documents submitted for payment processing ensuring consistency and accuracy of information and providing feedback where additional support documents are required.
• Timely and accurate recording of all financial transactions in cash books, mobile money wallet books & bank books and upload the same to Saga or other financial system software for review and approval/posting by finance manager.
• Weekly review of SAGA entries in line with Action Against Hunger standards relating to application of Chart of Accounts to ascertain correctness and accuracy of accounting codes, contract codes, project codes and financial lines.
• Prepare BFUs and actively participate in BFU review meetings and provide feedback on all finance related action points and closely monitor all grants to ensure optimal execution of assigned BFU.
• Human Resource Planning, talent acquisition and onboarding for the country office in collaboration with the department heads.
• Be a change champion for HR initiatives and projects in the country office
• Responsible for employee relations and staff welfare at the country level.
Our Core values.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate Action Against Hunger-USA’s five core values
Respect– we work with compassion and dedication, treating everyone the same way we expect them to treat us.
Integrity-: we believe that being honest and fair is integral to every aspect of our work. conducting our work with a spirit of sincerity, truthfulness and transparency is imperative.
Creativity-we encourage new ideas, embrace innovative solutions, and create opportunities for meaningful and exciting ways to do our jobs and provide solutions to address the needs of the populations we serve.
Excellence– we strive to provide services that meet and even exceed the expectations of our stakeholders (populations in need, staff, communities and donors).
Empowerment– we are committed to fostering an environment in which our staff, partners and communities where we work have the space to grow, develop and feel confident about participating.
Gender Equality Commitments and Zero Tolerance of Abuse
• Respect beneficiaries’ women, men, children (boys and girls) regardless of gender, sex orientation, disability, religion, race, color, ancestry, national origin, age, or marital status.
• Help to prevent any type of abuse including workplace harassment and sexual abuse and exploitation.
• Promote a safe, secure, and respectful environment for all stakeholders, particularly for children, beneficiaries, and members of staff.
• Provide a work environment where women and men must be evaluated and promoted based on their skills and performance.
• Foster an environment that reinforces values of women and men, and equal access to information.
• Value and respect all cultures
• Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Commerce or relevant field. Professional qualification in accounting such as CA Zambia and a member of ZICA would be an added advantage.
• Minimum of 4 years’ experience in a similar position. At least 2 years NGO experience in budget management
• Skills in Microsoft office (Spreadsheets, word processing and accounting packages.)
• Excellent people management, analytical, problem solving, negotiation, interpersonal and communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively in an individual capacity and as part of a team and an ability to multi-task.
• Confidentiality, accountability, integrity and ability to handle sensitive situations.
• Fluent in both spoken and written English.
• Knowledge of and interpretation of the Zambia labour laws
• Good knowledge of accounting software’s such as SAGA, SAGE, Human Resource Information System (HRIS), Payroll softwares and Applicant Tracking System (ATS)
Action Against Hunger-USA provides all staff with an attractive salary & benefits package. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. Action Against Hunger-USA complies with all applicable laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button. All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated resume and both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.