Finance and Operations Deputy Chief of Party, Zambia ZIHA
Jobs at:Abt Associates
Deadline of this Job:
17 October 2022
Date Posted: Friday, August 19, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Abt Associates is hiring for the anticipated Zambia Integrated HIV and Health Project (ZIHA) which will be an approximately $100 million activity. ZIHA will work in Copperbelt, North Western, and Central provinces to provide comprehensive HIV prevention, care, treatment, and support services for people living with HIV (PLHIV) and will also integrate support for family planning/reproductive health (FP/RH) and maternal, newborn, and child health (MNCH) services.
The Deputy Chief of Party – Finance and Operations functions as the chief financial officer and manager of all financial aspects of the contract. The successful candidate will function as the principal point of contact with USAID in these areas.
Key roles and responsibilities include:
• Provide managerial and operational support to the Chief of Party, by overseeing project finance and accounting, operations, grants management, IT, and human resources;
• Collaboratively create and implement a strategic, long-term vision for financial management and operations of the project;
• Lead and oversee development of annual budgets, financial reports, compliance documentation, and other deliverables, ensuring all are on time and of high quality;
• Manage and supervise project financial, grants, administration, and operations personnel
• Troubleshoot to prevent and resolve potential problems related to finance and operations and review outputs for quality control;
• Provide support to COP in ensuring compliance with the policy and legislative requirements of USAID as stipulated;
• Act as acting COP in the absence of the COP, as necessary.
• Master’s Degree in Public or Business Administration, Finance, or a related field.
• At least10 years of experience managing grants or contracts for private sector, universities, international NGOs or other organizations with similar scopes of work.
• Experience and knowledge in fiscally managing all aspects of at least one large multi-million US dollar contract funded by an international donor of similar size and complexity.
• Demonstrated skills in organizing, tracking, and monitoring resources and establishing priorities.
• Strong oral and written communication skills in English are required.
Bachelor’s Degree + Fifteen years of relevant experience, or Master’s Degree + Twelve years of relevant experience, or PhD + Ten years of relevant experience
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply for this job please visit egpy.fa.us2.oraclecloud.com.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.