Finance and Operations Manager
Deadline of this Job:
21 April 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, April 12, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Finance and Operations Manager
PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
PATH is a partner to the National Malaria Elimination Centre (NMEC) in the effort to control and eliminate malaria in Zambia. PATH is partnering with the NMEC to implement a Phase III large-scale trial of a promising new tool for malaria vector control, the attractive targeted sugar bait (ATSB). The trial is operating in Western Province in the districts of Kaoma, Nkeyema, and Luampa from 2021-2023. The trial is operating in 70 study clusters with activities including: household installation and monitoring of ATSBs, cohort study of children age 1-14 years, household survey, mosquito collections for entomological monitoring, community engagement activities, and qualitative research.
PATH seeks a seasoned Finance and Operations Manager to lead for the ATSB study operations. The Manager will ensure well-functioning systems, procedures, and practices that confirm where necessary to PATH policies and procedures for all aspects of project finance and operations, including.
Budgeting and Financial Management
• Contribute to the development, management and monitoring of budgets for the ATSB Zambia team in coordination with the ATSB HQ Project Management Team and Triall Manager.
• Develop quarterly cash expenditure projections, in accordance with PATH procedures, for use in the PATH Zambia quarterly cash request.
• Oversee preparation of financial transaction documentation to ensure it is complete, accurate, and complies with applicable polices and internal procedures; review documentation prepared by other team members to ensure quality of work, including accuracy, attention to detail, and compliance.
• Contribute to monthly financial reports, including projections and forecasting together with the HQ administration and finance lead. Analyze monthly project expenses and present the report on monthly budget review management meeting.
Contract Management and Procurement
• Assist technical staff in the development and submission of documents for consultants, contracting, and procurements; monitor and report progress against contract and agreement SOWs, budgets, reporting, payment schedules and deliverables.
• Develop and maintain a procurement plan for ATSB Zambia Team, based on the annual work plan, in coordination with program and technical staff; establish the timeline for initiation of procurements, allowing time for complete procurement process per PATH procurement policy.
Implementation Support to Project Activities
• Work with technical staff to plan the administrative and financial resources required for work plan activities; and work through established channels and procedures to put those resources in place.
• Ensure that all activities are conducted with the approval of appropriate ATSB designees for expense approval and technical oversight.
• Facilitate processing of transactions by PATH Zambia, liaising with the PATH Finance Manager for processing and generation of payments for all the project activities.
• Coordinate payments to study participants and short-term hire staff and consultants; and support toward appropriate management and reconciliation of field advances.
• Coordinate talk time distribution to study participants and short-term hire staff and consultants.
• Coordinate PADM, Procurement Officer and Logistics Officer to plan and coordinate full range of logistics for workshops, meetings, & field work exercises; develop detailed budgets for activities using established formats; manage cash disbursements to meeting, workshop, and field work exercise participants; prepare financial reports of workshops, meetings, and field work exercises.
• Coordinate supply and stock management in collaboration with logistics officer based in Kaoma, including restricting the use of project supplies to approved activities only, making sure accurate usage records, avoidance of stock-outs through timely resupply and regular inventories.
• Coordinate vehicle planning, vehicle rental vendor management, tracking of vehicle usage and fuel in collaboration with Logistic Officer in Kaoma
Supervision and Coordination
• Supervise Lusaka-based Project Administrator and Procurement Officer and Kaoma-based Logistic Officer.
• Maintain an active knowledge and understanding of PATH and ATSB policies and procedures; seek out guidance from the relevant authority to resolve policy questions; and recommend changes to policies and procedures when appropriate and necessary.
• Maintain regular communication with the ATSB HQ Project Management Team regarding project administration issues, highlighting issues that need attention, and requesting additional support as needed to implement activities successfully and in compliance with policies and procedures.
• Advanced degree or certificate in administration, finance, management, and/or operations
• At least ten (10) years of work experience of which five (5) years of working as a manager
• Demonstrated experience managing operations/logistics for field operations. Must include experience with:
• Vehicle/driver oversight
• Stock/supply procurement and management
• Payments to participants and/or community-based staff/volunteers
• Management of project equipment issued to community-based staff/volunteers
• Meeting/event/training logistics management
• Day-to-day office management
• Demonstrated experience serving as a manager for other individuals.
• Familiarity with best practices to prevent and mitigate fraud and theft of project resources.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel required with demonstrated experience using Excel for tracking (e.g., budget, stock/supply, procurement, payments, etc).
• Must be detail-oriented and highly organized.
• Must have legal authorization to work in Zambia
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
PATH has become aware of scams involving false job offers.*
• PATH will never ask for a fee during any stage of the recruitment process.
• All active jobs are advertised directly on our career’s page.
• Official PATH emails will always arrive from an @path.org or @silkroad.com address.
Please report any suspicious communications to email@example.com.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.