Vacancy title: Finance and Subgrants Officer[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Education, and Training , Category: Finance, Insurance & Real Estate ]
Jobs at:National Democratic Institute for International Affairs
Deadline of this Job:
23 September 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, September 13, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The National Democratic Institute for International Affairs (NDI) is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization working to support and strengthen democratic institutions worldwide through citizen participation, openness and accountability in government. NDI has supported democratic institutions and practices in every region of the world for more than three decades. Since its founding in 1983, NDI and its local partners have worked to establish and strengthen political and civic organizations, safeguard elections, and promote citizen participation, openness and accountability in government. NDI will work in Zambia to support democratic institutions, including political parties, better able to engage with stakeholders and citizens on national policy, legislation development and citizen concerns and priorities
NDI invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the vacant post in Lusaka detailed below. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Finance and Subgrants Officer will provide day-to-day financial, administrative and subgrants management support to the Finance and Administration Director. Please note that the hiring of this position is dependent upon additional funds becoming available.
• Support the Finance and Administration Director in recording and retrieving financial details of NDI Zambia including maintaining financial records, processing payments and cash handling.
• Assist in the production of financial statements and applications, preparation of spreadsheets, reports and correspondence as required.
• Ensure swift payment of invoices and resolution of finance related queries.
• Assist with end of month and year preparation and procedures.
• Provide financial and logistical support to team members.
• Plan, organize and manage own workload to ensure your contribution to the organization’s monthly financial reporting process is achieved in a timely and accurate manner.
• Assist in managing NDI Zambia’s subgrant programs, including review of proposals, budget and budget notes; contractual relationships; reporting requirements; and organizational strengthening plans for all subgrantees.
• Monitor closely the timeliness of subgrantees’ financial and narrative reports and review the same for accuracy and completeness, working with the subgrantee in a timely manner to address issues and to ensure on-time reporting to NDI headquarters.
• Work closely with subgrantees to review and resolve queries on financial and narrative reports.
• Work with program leads to develop and prepare accurate subgrantee packages for submission to NDI headquarters.
• Work with program leads to quickly and accurately address questions from NDI headquarters on subgrant packages.
• Work with program leads to monitor partner deliverables and aid program leads to address any shortfalls, including direct interaction with subgrantees on lateness in any of their reporting requirements.
• Assist in developing, with NDI MEL and program staff, and administer organizational strengthening plans agreed to with subgrantees.
• Assist in training and mentoring local partners, in conjunction with program and MEL staff, to increase their capability in proposal, budget and budget notes development; financial and narrative reporting, inclusive of providing documentation of program activities for MEL purposes and for capturing achievements and outcomes; and financial management.
• Help ensure compliance with NDI and donor requirements.
• Draft of regular internal reports on the status of subgrants and reporting compliance of subgrantees.
Education & Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration, or related field.
• At least 3 years relevant work experience in finance, accounting and operations, with at least 2 years experience in some aspect of subgrants management.
• Knowledge of USAID and/or FCDO rules and regulations related to subgrants, accounting and other financial matters.
• Sound knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Practices (GAAP).
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and accounting software systems.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Applications for the above position should include a cover letter, updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) with names and telephone numbers of three traceable references. The documents should be addressed to The Country Director, NDI Zambia and e-mailed to: email@example.com with the job title you are applying for as the subject. Applications must be received by 23rd September 2022 for consideration. Please ensure that you mention www.gozambiajobs.com as the source of this job advertisement.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
NDI is an equal opportunity employer.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.