Vacancy title: Financial Accountant[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Hospitality, and Tourism , Category: Accounting & Finance ]
Jobs at:African Parks
Deadline of this Job:
31 August 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, August 18, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
African Parks is a non-profit conservation organization founded in 2000 that manages 20 National Parks and protected areas in 11 countries covering over 17 million hectares. This is achieved through long-term agreements with national governments, putting in place funding solutions and establishing good governance and management to achieve ecological, social and financial sustainability.
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Financial Controller, the Financial Accountant will have to integrate quickly and demonstrate significantly his/her involvement in the daily life at the service of the Accounting of African Parks. In the absence of the Senior Financial Controller, he/she will have to ensure 100% management of the accounting department without any flaw.
• Prepare and/or post batches in Serenic supplier invoices.
• Present a statement of account reconciliations based on Supplier statements before channeling the process to the payment stage.
• Inter-exchange with logistics on any issue related to suppliers.
• Participate in the unloading, storage and inventory of stocks (represent finance to logistics), in collaboration with the supplier accountant.
Payroll and staff account
• Analyze staff accounts and report analysis to Human Resources to integrate variables into payroll (payday advance, loan, etc.)
• Record (preparation of batches) in Serenic payroll operations and submit to the assessment of the Financial Controller before posting.
• Ensure the follow-up of operational advances, reminders by email to staff who have not yet justified their advances, etc.
• Monitor the recovery of payday advances, loans, operational advances
Intercompany: APN Disbursement and other AP entities
• Save (batch preparation) in Serenic intercompany operations
• Carry out monthly accounts on the basis of account statements Interco
Other accounting operations
• Save (batch preparation) in Serenic specific writes of various operations.
• Ensure rotations in the department for leave by performing other tasks
• Perform any other task requested by the hierarchy as part of its duties
Other control tasks
• Review procedures to ensure they exist and are being applied
• Propose the revision of procedures if necessary
• Monitor fuel supplies
• Track missing documents in the archives
1. Degree in Accounting or related field and 5 years of experience. (ACCA, CIMA or ZICA will be added advantage)
2. Must be a registered member of ZICA.
3. Previous experience with any Donor-funded programs or External Audit.
4. Results-oriented and focused, with the ability to follow guidelines and controls required of the position.
5. Budgeting, financial analysis, and MS Excel skills required.
6. Proficiency with accounting software.
7. Demonstrated team player with effective cross-cultural interpersonal skills.
8. Ability to follow guidelines and controls required of the position.
9. High level of integrity and impeccable record in previous accounting positions.
10. IT – Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
African Parks is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Applicants for this position must have a clean record and traceable references. Candidates must include a day time contact number.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified candidates must submit their CV with a covering letter describing their suitability for the role. All applicants must include at least 2 contactable references, along with certified copies of NRC and relevant Qualifications.
Application must be submitted to the Regional Human Resources Manager, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31 August 2022.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview. GKLL reserves the right not to employ.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.