Jobs at:Kemcore Zambia Ltd
Deadline of this Job:
Wednesday, October 25 2023
Date Posted: Thursday, October 19 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Financial Accountant responsibilities include financial reporting and analysis, tax control and planning, budgeting and forecasting, managing tax payments and performing internal audits. You will act as an advisor to the finance manager, conducting cost and revenues analyses. To be qualified for this role, you should have a degree in accounting and relevant work experience. Ultimately, you will ensure all our accounting transactions comply with the law and support Kemcore’s investments.
• Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual management accounts timeously.
• Preparation of annual financial statements and statutory reporting.
• Prepare financial forecast and budget.
• Analyse companies’ financial trends and performance ratios.
• Ensure inter-company balances are duly reconciled.
• Prepare foreign exchange reconciliations, classifications and impact on results.
• Ensure compliance to all finance policies which included buy not limited to:
• GL Control Framework Policy
• Fixed Asset Policy
• Procurement Policy
• IFRS compliance
Tax control and planning
• Manage all Vat Tax and statutory submissions, payments and reconciliations
• Ensure compliance to Tax Policy
• Engage with tax authorities.
• Vat output and input monthly reconciliations.
Budgeting and Budgetary Control.
• Prepare production budgets.
• Monitor product costs and variance analysis to standard costing.
• Updating of Standard cost
• Inventory management.
• Analyse product profitability.
• Prepare variance analysis reports daily on production.
• Prepare variance analysis reports monthly – on all cost drivers.
• Prepare month end payroll reconciliations.
• Prepare debtors and creditor reconciliations
• Update and maintain the fixed asset register
• Safekeeping of the company assets
• Organize internal and external audits.
• Engage with internal and external stakeholders.
• Solving technical accounting queries.
• Staff management.
• Developing and implementation and improvement of internal control environment.
• Any other ad hoc projects or duties.
• Written and spoken communication skills: Ability to write reports and apply accounting concepts and procedures.
• Diplomacy: Ability to exercise patience and tact to secure the cooperation of all stakeholders
• Analytical: Ability to understand complex ideas while presenting them in simple but accurate terms
• Excellent math skills with an attention to detail
• Time-management abilities, able to meet tight deadlines and work under pressure
• Advanced knowledge of MS Excel, Word, Pastel and Sage accounting software
REQUIREMENTS AND SKILLS
• Proven work experience as a Financial Accountant or similar role.
• Having worked for 5 or more years in a similar role.
• In-depth understanding of business accounting procedures.
• Understanding of a manufacturing/production environment.
• Experience in cost accounting.
• Experience in working with multi-currencies and cross border transactions.
• Experience in taxation.
• Solid knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards.
• Degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant field such as ZICA or ACCA.
• ZICA membership.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months:
Level of Education:
Job application procedure
Applicants should only submit a cover letter and Curriculum vitae with three traceable referees to email@example.com .
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 25th October 2023. Please note that applications submitted after 25th October 2023 will not be considered.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.